Minnesota Ends Long Skid By Downing Hawkeyes

Iowa's '17/'18 season in a nutshell

"Minnesota was far from great Wednesday. It shot just 44.3 percent from the floor and 65.7 from the line. It also was out-rebounded, 42-36.

The Gophers did knock down nine three-pointers, however. Not defending the arc well has been a problem for Iowa all season."

It's amazing how poor shooting teams get healthy playing Iowa. Indiana and Rutgers, the two worst 3-pointing teams in the conference, statistically, show well from behind the arc against the Hawkeyes. They get wide-open looks.

It's amazing how poor shooting teams get healthy playing Iowa. Indiana and Rutgers, the two worst 3-pointing teams in the conference, statistically, show well from behind the arc against the Hawkeyes. They get wide-open looks.

Some of that's because, if we guard them close around the arc, they juke us and drive to the hole and either have a lay up or dunk or feed to a wide open guy who gets a layup or dunk.

Some of that's because, if we guard them close around the arc, they juke us and drive to the hole and either have a lay up or dunk or feed to a wide open guy who gets a layup or dunk.

Agree. That happened to Bohannon early in the second half when Mason blew by him. No help, Easy layup.

Fran yanked JB and said after the game he went with Dailey more in the second half because he felt like he gave Iowa a better chance to win.

We'll see how that sits with Bohannon. He played just 21 minutes last night and it wasn't because of injury or illness. It was because of defense.

Agree. That happened to Bohannon early in the second half when Mason blew by him. No help, Easy layup.

Fran yanked JB and said after the game he went with Dailey more in the second half because he felt like he gave Iowa a better chance to win.

We'll see how that sits with Bohannon. He played just 21 minutes last night and it wasn't because of injury or illness. It was because of defense.
I noticed that as well and benching him was warranted. His defense was awful.

Honestly JBo isn’t probably a guy that should be out there 30 minutes a game on a successful team until his defense improves mightily, which at this point seems unlikely given his physical limitations.

The problem with Iowa this year is our 4 men (Cook, Pemsl, Kriener) can’t cover the corner in zone, and Bohannon can’t guard anyone in man. We’re basically always at a disadvantage it seems just a matter of time before it gets exposed.

This is probably going to come as a shock to most of you but I'm not a huge Fran supporter. Haha. With that being said him benching Jordan was a step in the right direction in my opinion. He has to get through to them that if you aren't defending you can't play. We have enough guys who can score but you can't be non existent on the other end of the court.

This is probably going to come as a shock to most of you but I'm not a huge Fran supporter. Haha. With that being said him benching Jordan was a step in the right direction in my opinion. He has to get through to them that if you aren't defending you can't play. We have enough guys who can score but you can't be non existent on the other end of the court.
Do you think he'll only play 21 minutes against NW?

I was surprised Fran didn't put JB in late as an offensive substitution. He had a few chances. Fortunately for Iowa, Moss caught fire, but too little, too late.

Isn't his foot still bothering him?

Talked to him about it a few weeks ago. He said he's learned to manage it.

I don't think it's the reason he didn't play last night. Fran said in the postgame press conference that Dailey's defense against Minnesota's guards gave Iowa a better chance to win.

It's past due, in my opinion. Fran has got to hold all of the players accountable if he wants to get this defense problem straightened out. Not just the back ups.

So NOW does everyone on here agree that JB should not be the point? At least guarding the point?

Or we still defending his position?

So NOW does everyone on here agree that JB should not be the point? At least guarding the point?

Or we still defending his position?

Bohannon shut Mason down pretty good last game tho. I unfortunately don't think it matters whether he guards the 1 or the 2. He needs to guard whichever of the 2 is a worse player probably.

Latest posts