Miller: Winnowing The List

Frankly, other than Pearl, the rest are about the same to me. No one is head and shoulders above the rest at this point; they'd be nice hires, but not big splash hires. Like warm beer. I'd drink if if someone gave it to me, but I'm not seeking it out. Am I wrong here? Does one of these others fit all the needs listed by Barta, current and future, for Iowa basketball, or is there some wait, hope and see to each?

Frankly, other than Pearl, the rest are about the same to me. No one is head and shoulders above the rest at this point; they'd be nice hires, but not big splash hires. Like warm beer. I'd drink if if someone gave it to me, but I'm not seeking it out. Am I wrong here? Does one of these others fit all the needs listed by Barta, current and future, for Iowa basketball, or is there some wait, hope and see to each?

B.J. Armstrong

I think Buzz Williams would fit the criteria. He is already in the midwest, has coaching experience in arguably the toughest conference in the country, and has actually done well! It would set up a terrific rivalry for the future with his predecessor, Tom Crean. As far as the character/morals issue, I haven't heard anything negative in that regard. The fact that they lost to Washington last night should NOT be a factor in whether we want him or not. Look at how they handled the competition in the Big East this year. Not an easy feat at a private school with most likely higher academic standards.

There are three names that seem to be good fits for the Hawkeye Basketball opening that I have not heard mentioned.
1. Mark Turgeon TX&M- Turgeon has been a success at a mid-major and the Big 12. TX A&M seems liking a stepping stone job.
2. Mike Davis UAB- Davis was run out of Indiana for poor reason
3. Billy Gillispie

Latest posts