Miller: Will Two QB Thingy Work?

Me thinks whichever guy starts and leads the first drive to a Ferentz-patented 3-and-out AINT gonna be the guy.

It can't be any worse than the 1 QB system against ISU or Ball State for 3.5 quarters.

That's what makes me sick. We could have easily lost to UNI or Ball State. We DID get beat by the Clowns. Our passing game was garbage. This auditioning quarterbacks during the games thing should have been going on then. Not now when the season is already all but done for.

My confidence in Kirk Ferentz managing one QB is not real high right now, so I don't feel real good with him doing the two QB "Thingy".

To answer Jon's initial question my answer would be: I hope it will work but I don't have confidence that it will.

I would no

However, here is a scenario that holds some interest for me...I wonder if JR's approach will change now that he is truly being pressed by CJ? Will he become more aggressive? Will he be less reliant on the run game? In short, will he move away from what he was being taught to do early on and just go out and play?

"

I mentioned this in an earlier thread. I think JR will open it up with more 20 and yard yard throws.

I think JR now knows he needs to throw mid-range and deep balls to push the defense back to open up the run game and open up the short patterns.

Jr threw 2 or 3 long passes in the first half at Pitt. I think the coaches and players had already made the assessment and adjustment after the first 3 games that they were playing offense in a 10 yard vertical field of play. This whole strategy in the first 3 games lead to one loss and two close games.

I mentioned this in an earlier thread. I think JR will open it up with more 20 and yard yard throws.

I think JR now knows he needs to throw mid-range and deep balls to push the defense back to open up the run game and open up the short patterns.

Jr threw 2 or 3 long passes in the first half at Pitt. I think the coaches and players had already made the assessment and adjustment after the first 3 games that they were playing offense in a 10 yard vertical field of play. This whole strategy in the first 3 games lead to one loss and two close games.

It would have been interesting to see if he would have kept it up in the second half.

Latest posts