Miller: Time to Say Goodbye

Pretty much all over the Middle East and Central America, my friend...and these pods were there with me every step of the way - (sappy, I know), but I wasn't kidding when I say I feel like I'll be losing a friend.

Whoever takes over is going to have some big shoes to fill, as this the best Hawkeye podcast, hands down.
I was in Sicily 93-96 and Guam 99-03. No podcasts then. Internet radio on Guam had just started.

It's so tough to get into somebody elses head. I know we try to do it to players and coaches on here all the time.For Jon to not only be walking away from all the media stuff but it sounds like he's signing off Twitter/social media as well... I mean is he just burned out from sports in general? Just Iowa sports and all the back and forth of that? I mean social media allows one the perfect platform to just come and go and chime in when you want to. He says his new job endeavor will take up all his time and all that but man there aren't many folks busier then Deace with all the hats he wears and he still watches upteen movies and moonlights critiquing them. Now that is time consuming. That dude must not sleep a ton to do all that he does. I just hope Jon is alright and happy. I use sports as an outlet/stress reliever. I couldn't imagine being on the other side of the coin with it being my job and the stresses that must bring on.

giphy.gif

LOL.

Anyway, thanks for everything Jon - HN has been a great outlet for me to share my excitement (and venting) for anything Hawkeye related. Hard to imagine my Hawkeye fandom without this site! From my Des Moines days in the early 2000's to Tampa, FL now, it's been a great place to visit.

Best of luck to you.

Best of luck in all things Jon! Thanks for all the hard work. Feel free to stop in from time to time.
Cheers!

Will he disclose his alter screen names?????????????? Pierre Delecto............Carlos Danger ...........

Last edited:
LOL.

Anyway, thanks for everything Jon - HN has been a great outlet for me to share my excitement (and venting) for anything Hawkeye related. Hard to imagine my Hawkeye fandom without this site! From my Des Moines days in the early 2000's to Tampa, FL now, it's been a great place to visit.

Best of luck to you.
Hey bud, I actually live in Tampa as well. Let me know if you'd like to catch a game sometime

I've been following you, and defending you, for a long ass time, Jon. You're the best we've had, as a voice of the Hawkeyes, in a great while. I rarely post, but am on the site most every day.
Blessings to you and your family on your next big adventure.
Don't lose your midwestern roots!
Work hard, and be nice to people!
Thank you for the many years of service to the great Hawk fans...

Listening to Jon's podcast...

Telling a story about running into Kirk on the sidewalk early in the Kirk era...

(Jon: "Kirk, my name's Jon Miller. I started a website: Hawkeyenation.com, and I hope to see you at media day this fall."

Kirk: "Jon, it's really good to meet ya. I hope to see you there, too.")

Jon says: Kirk's probably thinking 'what the hell's a website.'

tenor.gif

Latest posts