Miller: Hawks Not Special, Fall to Arizona

Arizona's dose of reality tasted terrible. Hawks still have the talent to be good to very good this year.

Last edited:
Very nice article Mr. Miller. I think your bad feelings from the game got you in the end of it with the 1920s comment though. But I hear you... everyone in the Big Ten standings is 0-0. No rankings, just standings from here on out.

Headline makes you sound like a little kid who just got candy taken away from him.

Read the article, then come back and talk to me. Or just go to bed and call it a night. I was talking about special teams letting the team down. It's a play on words.

Last edited:
Headline makes you sound like a little kid who just got candy taken away from him.

Hey, I get that you're frustrated with the loss. I am too. But there's no reason to start ragging on Jon for something like that. That makes YOU look like "a little kid who just got candy taken away".

I feel like a fool for getting caught up in the 12-0 talk, though. I had thought all summer that this was going to be a VERY tough game, and I let myself get sucked into the notion that we would run away with this one.

Suffice to say, I'm going back to my "one game at a time" philosophy.

I'll go with the later. Game was a humbling loss. It was a test and on the road. We had a chance and they didn't quit. Special teams very disappointing. Tough first half to watch, been lucky we have not had to suffer like that too often, (actually a long time). O line got beat bad at the end. AZ was spotted points and tried to let us back in. We had our shot a blew it. we'll be fine in the Big 10 schedule. Thanks for the viewpoints Jon, we won't be undefeated, but we will be back in the national hunt by seasons end.

This team is better than this and we all know it...perhaps that is the most frustrating thing about it. Losing to better teams is one thing but losing like this...just makes me bitter. The things Iowa usually excels in...weren't so excellent tonight. This sucks.

Latest posts