Miller: Hawks Must Stop Gophers

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
Time to look at Iowa's upcoming game against Minnesota. How do you predict this Iowa team? Carefully and even then at your own peril.

More...

Pretty sad when we're worried about the Gophers. I think we show up to play - finally! And kick Gopher butt.

why is it sad? Minne is a B1G team correct? On the same playing field and a school equal to Iowa, no? They're entitled to a resurgence just as much as any school in the conference. If the Hawks win it will be a big time win for this team. They are one of the only undefeated teams left in the conference....

Minnesota strikes me as a real make-or-break game for Iowa football 2012.

Lose this game and the season is pretty much down the drain: no respect; losing record suddenly very likely; no post-season play; players (and coaches) questioning themselves; recruits looking elsewhere.

Win, and the team can build on its success: chance to still put together a respectable season and a winning record; generate fan and player enthusiasm; practice becomes more lively; recruits pick up on the enthusiasm.

I am very fearful that if they lose Saturday, the players could mail it in for the rest of the season. We've seen it before.

I just don't feel good about this game at all. The last two years Minny got lucky. We were a better team and we did not perform at all. This year, I think the Goofers actually have the better talent on their side of the field. If they play a clean game they win easily. Iowa will need to be flawless to bring the pig back home tomorrow.

Minnesota strikes me as a real make-or-break game for Iowa football 2012.

Lose this game and the season is pretty much down the drain: no respect; losing record suddenly very likely; no post-season play; players (and coaches) questioning themselves; recruits looking elsewhere.

Win, and the team can build on its success: chance to still put together a respectable season and a winning record; generate fan and player enthusiasm; practice becomes more lively; recruits pick up on the enthusiasm.

I am very fearful that if they lose Saturday, the players could mail it in for the rest of the season. We've seen it before.

My thoughts as well.

Time to look at Iowa's upcoming game against Minnesota. How do you predict this Iowa team? Carefully and even then at your own peril.

More...

Even though the goofers defense is rated pretty high I think the hawks run the ball well to control the game and do throw over the top and some big medium range passes to score more points than the last two years. I think the deefense will finally start a game strong being that minny has just a passing qb who cant or wont run and a more basic lead-type play runnign game.

Hawks 28-17.

CaddyShackBillMurray.jpg

Latest posts