Miller: Hawkeye Hoops Revival

I guess you never know. Northwestern and their ugly court will be tough for sure. But, all in all, they will have their chances. 4-2 would still be very good for this team for that stretch of games.

If by some miracle we pulled off 9-10 wins in conference and won a game or two in the tourney, we would probably be on the bubble at least. But one game at a time; I can't wait for the Buckeyes to come to Carver!

As long as Minnesota and Wisconsin don't take a massive nose dive I think 10 and we are in. NCAA should push for us to be in because of Gatens. There was a SI article about Transfer rates, and him not transferring despite verballing to Alford, playing under Lick, and now Fran. I bet the NCAA would like to see more players not up and leave a school when they aren't getting what they want.

Jon Eric May also had a great game he has been trashed in alot of these boards and deserves some props.

Right. Someone posted on another thread that there are two different stats. It is 06-07 for winning two BT road games in a row, but 1998 for the last time they won two BT road games in a row that were consecutive games. In 06-07, there was a home game in between.

Holy Cow... that can't be Tim can it? LOL

;)

I'm one of said, new eyeballs, that set my calender for tonights game based on the rantings of the previous two games and non-conf. I will say they seem to have a comfortable chemistry going. The run to catch up right before half was good. I was certainly wondering when they had such a decent lead with 2 minutes, only to not close it out at the line or rebounding. However, it's nice to see the Hawks with a winning record, especially in the B1G. I would like to watch more and of course see them win, but at least be a team that has capacity to win, and/or pull a game out with confidence at crunch time. I also would like to see more of this up tempo style that has been so billed, but really can't comment further about the team as I have not obviously seen enough minutes or games, and can only mostly base it on what I have read here on HN.

Finally, for me, an admitted football junkie (yet past Hawkeye bball fan), I like the excitement of our program returning. I can see the youth of this team and their potential and I like McCaffrey and his candor. This game has me marking the next two down on my planner, and we'll go from there. May even have to look for some seats to take my boys to game on Sat. GoHawks.

These last two wins have been great, especially for all of us that have suffered through the last 5 years of bad basketball. We ain't out of the woods yet but like Jon said, this team is playing as a TEAM. That's fun to watch. It's fun to see everyone having a blast playing again. I'm happy for Gatens.

If this keeps having Carver might start filling up again.

It's just two games though - As excited as I am about some of these young players we just have to wait and see how they can handle the ups and downs.

This is sort of reminding me of the part in Hoosiers where Coach Dale says, "We're coming together as a team and all the pistons are firing now! We've got 10 games to go and we're going to be a tough team to beat! Are you coming along for the ride or not?"

If we can keep competing and playing as a team, we WILL be a tough team to beat. Can't wait to see what the next 15+ games bring!

The NCAA talk is real, real premature..by about two years ;)

Iowa's Sagarin ranking is 103. He has Iowa's SOS at 250. Before the season, I felt Iowa had a chance at going 11-2 or 10-3 in the non-con...and felt they could get 8 wins in the regular season...and had they done that, there was NO WAY they were getting to the NCAA tournament save winning the Big Ten tourney, due to the RPI hit they were going to have by playing one of the weakest non-conference schedules.

For Iowa to get to the NCAA tourney bubble, I think they are going to have to win a mnimum of 8 more Big Ten games, and not just against MN, Neb, NW and PSU.

It's just not going to happen this year. But I think they are making great strides and I am happy to see that.

The NCAA talk is real, real premature..by about two years ;)

Iowa's Sagarin ranking is 103. He has Iowa's SOS at 250. Before the season, I felt Iowa had a chance at going 11-2 or 10-3 in the non-con...and felt they could get 8 wins in the regular season...and had they done that, there was NO WAY they were getting to the NCAA tournament save winning the Big Ten tourney, due to the RPI hit they were going to have by playing one of the weakest non-conference schedules.

For Iowa to get to the NCAA tourney bubble, I think they are going to have to win a mnimum of 8 more Big Ten games, and not just against MN, Neb, NW and PSU.

It's just not going to happen this year. But I think they are making great strides and I am happy to see that.

Thank you for the dose of sanity. The only way this team sees the NCAA is by winning the Big Ten Tourney. One or two games over .500 on the season is a much better goal and will get us into some sort of postseason play.

Iowa probably has only one realistic shot at the NCAA tourney this season and that is by winning the B10 tournament.
Making the NIT would be an incredible accomplishment for this team.

Latest posts