Miller: Big Ten Users Guide for Husker Fans

Anyone feel like the cy-hawk rivalry is going to be a thing of the past once Iowa-Neb start hitting pads?

It depends where ISU lands. If they're in a BCS conference the game will most likely continue to be played. If they end up in a FBS conference I can see, and I hope, the game goes away.

It depends where ISU lands. If they're in a BCS conference the game will most likely continue to be played. If they end up in a FBS conference I can see, and I hope, the game goes away.
If it does go away i hope iowa still plays them occasionally like UNI, but more than once or twice a decade, i think every other year they rotate UNI and ISU.

As you know i have been around the board for a while interacting with you all waiting for this to happen.

Bottom line for me is, yes we have a awsome history but as you may of witnessed not everything stayes the same. You can be on the top as well as the bottom. I am not one of these people who are going to get on here and gloat, ive never been that person. Dont push me and i wont push you kinda attitude. I dont care what nebraska has done at the past and i for one and proud that my team got invited to the table. We had to turn our backs on alot of people just to get to this spot but its not like they never turned there backs on us.

Living in Iowa i know about the Hawkeye football team and there traditions. Im sure people living in western iowa half to deal with nasty husker fans who think there poop dont stink. The majority of us arent like that. Yes you are going to find ******** fans because i have meet some d-bag iowa fans lately. Saying the same thing like oooohhhh better watch out your on big 10 country. Hey if we go 0-12 the 1st year well know we werent ready.

No one is claming National Champion 1st year in the gig, and if they are those people are idiots. The world is full of idiots guys so better get used to it. Honestly if someone gets cocky bring up the greatest fans in college football thing and that usually shuts them up.

Bottom line is, i love college football no matter who im playing. My school, like yours is rich in tradition. If you come to memorial stadium i will give you respect, a beer and a chair to have a convrosation. I would expect the same at kinnick.

Good write up, Jon. I am really looking forward to this rivalry getting started. The Huskers are for real, and will be a great challenge. I hope this does away with playing ISU every year as well. I just don't really care much about playing them, it's not a game I really look forward to each and every season. Bantering with their fans is more annoying than anything.

Also, good post by BRPWagon. Looking forward to going back and forth with you.

I pretty much was at my radio studio pc from 5:30am until 11:30am today..I could not get up and do anything else but write, and read...about expansion...its addicting

The only issue I have with this piece is that Nebraska doesn't have a BCS victory in the last decade (2000-2009 seasons). They lost the Rose Bowl in 2002 (2001 season), and won the Fiesta Bowl in 2000 (1999 season).

I think Nebraska has reason to look at us as the little brother in this rivalry, like we view Iowa State. In arguably the best decade in the modern history of our program and in arguably Nebraska's worse decade they still have four more wins than us. We're not quite on the same level.

It's the 21st Century. Things have changed.

I wouldn't compare Nebraska's past success before the formation of the Big Twelve Conference to Iowa's in the same manner as I wouldn't compare Penn State's past success to Iowa's before the Lions joined the Big Ten Conference.

Iowa will no longer be the second smallest University in the Big Ten, it will be the third smallest.

And, finally, said Iowa v. Nebraska would be a rivalry based on geography alone. Then went on to emphasize Nebraska rivalries with Michigan, Ohio State, etc.

The notion of Nebraska rivalries with Michigan and OSU is amusing, considering that Nebraska won't be in the same division as those teams.

They only have to look at their own 'rivalry' with Oklahoma - something that once existed but now doesn't - to see that.

Latest posts