Miller and Deace Podcast

pmchawk

One reason I think Izzo's teams have lost the edge, atleast to me, is he lost the official in his pocket Ted Valentine.

One reason I think Izzo's teams have lost the edge, atleast to me, is he lost the official in his pocket Ted Valentine.

LOL, you may be right. Also, when B1G decided to tighten up the officiating, it took a big chunk of msu's gameplan with it. No more mugging, grabbing, arm bars, etc on defense.

Last years game against m$u in Iowa City and the big 10 tournament 2 years ago were 2 of the worst called games ever. The mugging allowed, the 4 step travel and tge basket interference were clear proof of bias. This years game was strange. The first half was called well, then the second half was called terribly. It was as if a different crew came out for the second half.

LOL, you may be right. Also, when B1G decided to tighten up the officiating, it took a big chunk of msu's gameplan with it. No more mugging, grabbing, arm bars, etc on defense.

That also means Aaron Craft graduated just in time.

Maybe I'm in the wrong but I consider the Iowa/MSU game this year a complete anomaly. MSU shot SEVENTY PERCENT from 3 point range. I'm not sure I've ever seen that from a team who made over 10 3's like they did. You could certainly blame Iowa's defense for that, but Trice was just unstoppable in that second half. Iowa simply wasn't winning that game, halftime lead be damned.

I would absolutely love to face Sparty again in the BTT.

Maybe I'm in the wrong but I consider the Iowa/MSU game this year a complete anomaly. MSU shot SEVENTY PERCENT from 3 point range. I'm not sure I've ever seen that from a team who made over 10 3's like they did. You could certainly blame Iowa's defense for that, but Trice was just unstoppable in that second half. Iowa simply wasn't winning that game, halftime lead be damned.I would absolutely love to face Sparty again in the BTT.
I agree. Teams randomly catch fire, and win they do ,they win. The 3 point line makes it too easy to lose in basketball.

Latest posts