Mike Meyer Worthy of Groza Nomination

hawkod

Anyone else notice Mike Meyer's performance yesterday? Place-kicking was solid (perfect), but kickoffs were awesome: every kick went into the endzone with elevation--going both directions. Also, why didn't Kirk let him try that 53-yarder when we had 4th and 15 on their 36? He's got that range--especially with the heat giving the ball a few extra yards of carry. Sure as heck a higher percentage play than converting the 4th and 15.

i did notice - but on another site i gave the ST a D. only because halloween was great. rest of the ST sucked. KR was stupid lost yards by bringing balls out of the Ez. PR - only fair caught - even when there was a chance on at least 2 tries. punt cover = sucks - allowed a fake even though everyone in the entire universe saw it coming!!! kick off cover was not really needed because of mike. punts were good for a hs jv team - but sucked for a College Scholly SO!!! so yeah - someone else noticed the play by the only ST guy worth a crap!!!

Hawks coulda had a freshman punter that may play Thursday for ASU. He's an Iowa kid (dowling) that would have picked Iowa had they offered in a heartbeat.

Haack is his name. I think he could have played DB, WR and or punter for this team this year, and may show some of his athletic ability for the sundevils.

I'm a little disappointed we didn't grab him.

i did notice - but on another site i gave the ST a D. only because halloween was great. rest of the ST sucked. KR was stupid lost yards by bringing balls out of the Ez. PR - only fair caught - even when there was a chance on at least 2 tries. punt cover = sucks - allowed a fake even though everyone in the entire universe saw it coming!!! kick off cover was not really needed because of mike. punts were good for a hs jv team - but sucked for a College Scholly SO!!! so yeah - someone else noticed the play by the only ST guy worth a crap!!!

KMM had a couple pretty solid returns. He's not exactly an Evel Knievel in terms of risk-taking, but he's not the most conservative punt returner we've had, either.

Latest posts