• 354 pts (kicking)
  • 1 TD :D
  • 360 pts (total)

but at his current pace ...

Meyer - now
  • 87/89 XP
  • 42/52 FG
  • 213 pts

a simple average projection puts him close ...

Meyer - projected totals (simple)
  • 141/145 XP
  • 68/85 FG
  • 345 pts

... and this does not account for the fact that both Kaedo and Meyer's improved as the matured. Say Meyer makes one more XP and 3 more FGs than the simple average projection shows, which is very fair considering the improvement he's made thus far, and then he'd be at 355 points (kicking) to Kaeding's 354.

yeah meyer doesnt have nate's leg yet, but by my math he just turned 20 this past June.

I said when he started kicking that he could be special...he's starting to win me over like Kaeding....I don't usually like kickers...but Nate is one of my top 5 favorite KF era Hawks....and Meyer might get there.

I don't recall Kaeding having some of the troubles early on that Meyer did. Not to rain on the Meyer parade but I do recall in 2010 and even 2011 when Meyer making extra points was an adventure. I recall missed extra points in both the AZ and Wiscy game in 2010 and then he missed a couple of medium range FGs at Minny last year.

I don't recall Kaeding having some of the troubles early on that Meyer did. Not to rain on the Meyer parade but I do recall in 2010 and even 2011 when Meyer making extra points was an adventure. I recall missed extra points in both the AZ and Wiscy game in 2010 and then he missed a couple of medium range FGs at Minny last year.

Kaeding was shaky his freshman year too. He finished 14-22 and that was after making his final 7 kicks that year.

Nate Kaeding Profile - Iowa Official Athletic Site

Have to give Meyer credit. He's kicked well this year. He's is a very similar situation that Kaeding was in during the 2003 season. Basically under big time pressure for every kick because the offense isn't scoring a lot of TDs.

He's missed 2 XP in his career, and hasn't missed one in ages. Kaeding missed 3 in his career.

Also, Kaeding was 22/33 on his FGs in his first two years, before going 41/45 as an upperclassman. You're making the mistake of comparing 2010/11 Meyer to 2002/03 Kaeding. I think we're seeing a very similar transformation with Meyer.

Maybe it's because I remember Meyer more vividly than I do Kaeding. I just remember especially in 2010 people were grumbling pretty hard because of Meyer's shakiness.

With that said, I do agree that Meyer is definitely becoming a hot commodity on special teams.

Hes money. They guy splits the uprights on a 42 yarder in horrible conditions in OT on the road. There wasnt even a doubt on that kick, it was square down the middle.

Maybe it's because I remember Meyer more vividly than I do Kaeding. I just remember especially in 2010 people were grumbling pretty hard because of Meyer's shakiness.

With that said, I do agree that Meyer is definitely becoming a hot commodity on special teams.

You sure you aren't thinking of Murray/Mossbrucker? Mike Meyer was pretty darned good in '10: 14/17 FGs and 31/33 XPA.

Mossbrocker missed the one at Arizona. That's what got Meyer in line up from then on.

I think Meyer has plenty of leg. Dude kicked a 50 yarder into a swirling wind while falling on his a$$ against NIU. I think if we needed him to kick a 53 yarder to win a game, he wouldn't miss it short.

Both are outstanding kickers. But ya gotta score touchdowns or at least get within range if you don't take it to the woodpile to build up your kicker's point totals. Kaeding had that going for him; Meyer, not so much, at least not yet. Hopefully that will change.

The nice thing about Kado was we always knew we had 3 points in our back pocket when we crossed the 35 yd line. Meyer is about at that stage now and it's a damn nice feeling again.

Meyer is good but he's not even in the same league as Kaeding was. Meyer is accurate but he doesn't have the leg that Kaeding had. I don't know if Iowa will ever see a kicker better than him.

Meyer has been fantastic but it's like compairing someone to Tim Dwight or Chuck Long.

Latest posts