Mike Leach Texas Tech

ArizonaHawkeye88

Texas Tech suspends their coach for the bowl game. They say he miss treated a hurt player.
If this is true he won't be around next year.

The player, Adam James, is a redshirt sophomore tight end for the Red Raiders and the son of ESPN college football analyst Craig James.

"Mr. and Mrs. James took the step with great regret and after consideration and prayer to convey to the Texas Tech administration that their son had been subjected to actions and treatment not consistent with common sense rules for safety and health," the family said in a statement released on Monday.

WTF?! If this is true, Leach is gone for sure.

Sources told ESPN's Joe Schad that the Jameses felt Adam was treated inappropriately by Leach because he was unable to practice after a mild concussion. A source close to the James family told Schad that Leach directed a trainer to confine him to an equipment room for three hours and, days later, told a trainer to place James in an electrical closet. An attorney for Leach said that while James was secluded twice, the circumstances were not as portrayed by the James family.

Since it's Craig James' son this will get a ton more attention than normal. You can't screw with the son of a national TV sports analyst and expect everything to stay quiet.

Im not sayng you should baby a player and a little physical coaching is ok but this is crazy if it is true...espn was just praising this guys antics like a month ago...now their gonna take him down

I tried watching Lou Holtz at the halftime of the bowl game talking about the situation it was painful if I heard him right he said " I hope this is true." about the allegations man he is mixed up. Trying to get a report that is accurate from him is next to impossible.

I tried watching Lou Holtz at the halftime of the bowl game talking about the situation it was painful if I heard him right he said " I hope this is true." about the allegations man he is mixed up. Trying to get a report that is accurate from him is next to impossible.

Maybe Urban Meyer will join ESPN and they will sack Lou Holtz...its not that I hate him but I could go for something new...and intelligent

I don't listen to Lou. He just confuse me. I like watching Mark's expressions when Lou is gabbing. I think comic relief is the only way ESPN keeps Lou.

Um why wouldnt you tell the coach to go screw himself? You mean he actually would listen to the guy? I had no problem with over doing conditioning or I once had a feud with a team mate and a coach made us hold hands while taking a lap. But lock someone away? I'd tell him he's a loose nut. And I thought this coach was the man until i heard this.

Um why wouldnt you tell the coach to go screw himself? You mean he actually would listen to the guy? I had no problem with over doing conditioning or I once had a feud with a team mate and a coach made us hold hands while taking a lap. But lock someone away? I'd tell him he's a loose nut. And I thought this coach was the man until i heard this.

What?:confused:

Since it's Craig James' son this will get a ton more attention than normal. You can't screw with the son of a national TV sports analyst and expect everything to stay quiet.

I respectfully disagree. ESPN is about as far away from a "sensational media" outlet as you can get. It's well documented (DP talks about it all the time on his radio show) that they won't let you air a story without two corraborating sources unless the sources are willing to be sited (even if your first source is the person involved in the case). They frequently choose not to air stories they consider controversial even if their lack of coverage is in and of itself controversial (see the Big Ben sex assault case). They are also extremely quick to snuff out any fires internally (think the quick firing of Harold Reynolds after sexual harassment allegations that were ultimately found unfounded).

Basically the organization is wound so tight if you stuck a lump of coal up its *** in two weeks you would have a diamond. My take is if they are reporting it this way they would make damn sure the allegations could be confirmed by numerous sources.

Wonder if Mike wishes he had left for Washington or wherever it was he was offered the job for a couple years ago.

I respectfully disagree. ESPN is about as far away from a "sensational media" outlet as you can get. It's well documented (DP talks about it all the time on his radio show) that they won't let you air a story without two corraborating sources unless the sources are willing to be sited (even if your first source is the person involved in the case). They frequently choose not to air stories they consider controversial even if their lack of coverage is in and of itself controversial (see the Big Ben sex assault case). They are also extremely quick to snuff out any fires internally (think the quick firing of Harold Reynolds after sexual harassment allegations that were ultimately found unfounded).

Basically the organization is wound so tight if you stuck a lump of coal up its *** in two weeks you would have a diamond. My take is if they are reporting it this way they would make damn sure the allegations could be confirmed by numerous sources.

They're human interest pieces still suck though!

Latest posts