Mike Leach is Mississippi States New Head Coach

Wow, he is going into a bigger lion's den than playing against Wash and Oregon. But the Pirate must like the challenge. He was really successful I would say for Wash ST.

Plus I get the idea that Leach gets a little ancy pantsy being in the same place too long, just a feeling.

Are you really going to hang yourself on believing the PAC12 isn't a dumpster fire?

It is. Oregon needed a lot of gifted TOs to beat the 2nd best Big Ten team by a point. They'd be about Iowa's level, probably lower in a whole season in the B1G.

Their TV deal is coming up and if it is low, their conference might collapse. Their in house TV network sucks. They are in a bad place right now.

Either is Ancient Rome...... Read the above post. They're not in a good spot
I'm sure the Pac 12 will be great again. I use to fear them all the time, I guess getting our asses handed by them in 1 Orange Bowl and 4 Rose Bowls didn't help my anxiety. Those Husky teams of the 90's were damn good.

well, it's definitely a risk, but he does have the chance to recruit high level skill players. i mean, two of his disciples are the HC at AZ Cardinals and the OC at USC. i'd bet he's looking at the wr's LSU and 'Bama have been able to recruit and thinking if he could start landing that caliber, it could work.

Pac 12 champions won the Rose Bowl over the Big 10.

As Okeefe4prez said Wisky was a fairly weak 2nd place to OSU in the Big and OSU would have rolled over Oregon by 17-21 points. Wisky playing a clean game beats Oregon by 10+.

Maybe Utah was the best team overall in the Pac 12 but they just lost their MO late in the year, it happens or since I didnt watch much Utah ball maybe teams figured out a few of their weaknesses after 10 games and just took advantage.

I have to wonder how well air-raid offense is going to work in a conference with a lot of very good defenses. I would guess he's going to be bringing in quarterbacks from the west coast to augment what he can get down south. He'd better play some good defense to go along with that, and that better include a deep rotation on defense to keep up with the pace of the game.

I see more ways that this fails than succeeds in the SEC West. The Pac-12 North and Big 12 were a lot more wide open conferences, where an over-aggressive pass-happy offense could win a lot of shoot outs. I see Mississippi State coughing up the ball and going splat a lot.

Mike Leach at Mississippi St.? This is gonna be fun to watch. I can see this turning into the greatest dumpster fire the college football world has ever seen. First thing that comes to my mind is, you got a half crazy football coach that is a couple of cans short of a six pack dating tobacco chewing, gold digging trailer park hoes. This is gonna be EPIC!!!

Latest posts