Might just be a rumor.............

Iowaegian

(and there are so few of those out there, right now)

However, a guy from Ankeny said that he talked to a guy in Carlise, who heard from a guy down from Mason City that

Barta has offered the job to Bruce Pearl, already.

Fact or Crap?

And just for the record, I'd rather see Steve Lavin, Scott Drew, or Jay Wright at Iowa.

However, a guy from Ankeny said that he talked to a guy in Carlise, who heard from a guy down from Mason City that

Fact or Crap?

And just for the record, I'd rather see Steve Lavin, Scott Drew, or Jay Wright at Iowa.

CRAP! If the job has been offered, it has been offered to Pearl's agent, and won't be relayed to him until after Tennessee loses in the tourney.

Fact or Crap?

I thought that was totally fact until I read the info passed through Mason City. Then I switched my vote to crap. I think I'll wait for some more solid leads before jumping on this ship.

CRAP! If the job has been offered, it has been offered to Pearl's agent, and won't be relayed to him until after Tennessee loses in the tourney.

I don't think that's the way it works. An AD--or a search firm on behalf of the AD--contacts the agent and lets the agent know the school is very interested, which often means they would make an offer if the interest was mutual. They may even mention a number, without actually making an offer. The agent need not and does not wait to tell the coach. In this way the school has not made an offer and has not spoken with the coach. It's just an expression of interest.

If the coach tells the agent to work on it,, the indirect discussions may continue.