Michigan....

goods10

....watch and see. Michigan is going to get a huge jump in the rankings after their win at ND. It will be interesting to see how the media spins this and makes Michigan seem like they are fully back.

Well it wasn't that long ago when everyone did think they were back. They started 4-0 last year. They finished the year 5-7..

This year is a very similiar start. Rising QB star that all the experts were raving about in Forcier. Now this year Denard is the flavor his face is splattered everywhere on ESPN right now. It will interesting to see how it plays out. Denard is certainly more a fit for what RR wants to run offense..

It does remind you so much of his WV team with Pat White though.
That was a dangerous team, I believe due to the scheme being new. However, defenses have since learned how to defend spread option attacks like this. Defenses will begin to find the weaknesses in Michigan's offense the more they see it. Couple that with the beating D.Robinson's body is going to take running it so much, and I see them slowing down as the season progresses

I'm impressed with Michigan's offense, but equally unimpressed with there defense. I will take Iowa's D vs Michigan's O. Robinson may score a touchdown or two but I think this year's Iowa offense will light up Michigan. Michigan will start out 4 - 0 and finish 7 - 5 once big 10 play starts ( hey D is the name of the game in this league). The Michigan hype will subside and all will be good in Iowa land.

Denard Robinson will NOT last in the Big 10 doing what he has the last couple of weeks. It won't take that great of a defense to figure out that you have to either commit to stopping the run or take away the pass. UCONN and ND tried to do both and they just ended up running around chasing him.

They are VERY athletic, but personally, I'd make the kid throw 30 times and then see what happens.

Denard Robinson will NOT last in the Big 10 doing what he has the last couple of weeks. It won't take that great of a defense to figure out that you have to either commit to stopping the run or take away the pass. UCONN and ND tried to do both and they just ended up running around chasing him.

They are VERY athletic, but personally, I'd make the kid throw 30 times and then see what happens.

He threw 40 times today, completed 24 of them for 244 yards, and still managed to run for over 250 yards against Notre Dame.

On BTN Glen Mason mentioned that he did not imagine Robinson would be able to hold up the entire season. He is pretty small to be taking all the hits he is taking. The toll of them is going to start impacting him as the season wears on.

He threw 40 times today, completed 24 of them for 244 yards, and still managed to run for over 250 yards against Notre Dame.

First of all, ND's defense could be compared to some good high school teams.
Secondly, they didn't play to defend the run or the pass.....they tried to do both. Some of those scrambles shouldn't have happened.

The one thing I will say about Michigan while everyone seems to be focused on Robinson...their offensive line is pretty damn impressive. Take a look; big, lean, and nasty.

The defense is going to continue to be exploited however...more so now that everyone saw what Notre Lame did to them. They can't cover anyone and they are out of position alot.

Latest posts