Michigan should handle Iowa...but I hope it is hard to beat a team 3 times in a season

HaydenHawk56

As Iowa found out against Northwestern in a prior Big Ten Tournament. Let's hope Michigan is flat. And Iowa gets into the 90s today.... hopefully that offensive production can continue.

Iowa will have to get off to a fast start carrying their momentum from today. That's how Illinois beat us two years ago, they had a great shooting game the day before, got off to a quick lead, and when we finally caught up down the stretch, Jok got the double technical for his fifth foul and our momentum was gone. But if we get down early to Michigan, it's over because we'll get deflated and tired quickly and can't see us getting a second wind against a good defense.

Hey if Michigan starts off slow... Feels the pressure of being a favorite.... Iowa starts off hot... You just never know...

Hey if Michigan starts off slow... Feels the pressure of being a favorite.... Iowa starts off hot... You just never know...

What's funny is if "try hard on defense and play average and offense" Iowa shows up, Michigan is probably only a 5 or 6 point favorite. The problem is, that team has probably only showed up 6 or 7 times all year. If they show up tomorrow, winning wouldn't even be a huge deal.

What's funny is if "try hard on defense and play average and offense" Iowa shows up, Michigan is probably only a 5 or 6 point favorite. The problem is, that team has probably only showed up 6 or 7 times all year. If they show up tomorrow, winning wouldn't even be a huge deal.
Crazier things have happened in March. That's all I know. Would I bet the farm on it? Ummm no. But they've shown that for stretches of time they can be a heck of a tough team to guard. I think some of us forget how tough of a team we are to match up with sometimes. If they didn't turn it over so many dang times the first half we should have blown them out. Iowa could lose by 20, Win by 10 or anything inbetween that and I can't say I'd be surprised

Would be pretty cool if Iowa somehow pulled off the upset vs Michigan and then played Nebraska on Friday with a shot at the semi finals. If Nebraska lost to us they'd for sure be out of the ncaa tournament I believe

I really enjoy ruining things for Nebraska fans
Any day you can F the N it’s a good day!

I really love the idea of Iowa getting past Michigan and playing Nebraska on Friday. The Huskers desperately need a big win over a quality opponent and losing or beating to Iowa doesn't help their bubble chances.

The "hard to beat a team 3 times in a season" thing is among the top 10 specious sports cliches. ("Icing the kicker", of course, has the top spot locked down).

It's hard to beat an EVENLY MATCHED team 3 times..but that's simple odds. Beating a lesser team, not so much. Especially when even Illinois can exploit your lack of ball-handling guards at the end of the game.

The "hard to beat a team 3 times in a season" thing is among the top 10 specious sports cliches.
It's hard to beat an EVENLY MATCHED team 3 times..but that's simple odds. Beating a lesser team, not so much.
is it though? Not saying your wrong, just that, I think that there's something to saying "beating a team multiple times in a row is tough". The other team becomes more familiar with strategy, the players, how they're guarded. The familiarity has to go into that saying. It really depends on which team is shooting great IMO. My bet would be on Michigan doing that ...but if Moss and Jordan come out and just shoot lights out, who knows?

Really unfair to have a team play less than 24 hours after playing while the other team is rested. Why not let Iowa play in one of the evening games?

Well, we don't play better D than last night, Michigan will exploit that and win easily.

Plus 18 turnovers against a good team ain't gonna cut it.

If Fran can stay out of those crazy rotations where we have 5 guys out there and you wonder who is going to score or who is going to defend someone, I think we have a chance.