MIchigan Set to Flip Iowa Kicker recruit

longtimer

Just saw a recruiting article pop up on the internet indicating Michigan is 92.1% likely to flip Starzyk the highly rated kicker Iowa recruited for next year. Too bad as we all know the kicker is the main cog in a Ferentz offense

So, have we reached the point where the coaches can directly talk money with recruits? Or, do the coaches still have to pretend these kids aren't negotiating dollars and leave that all up to the NIL bagmen?

Evil Bastards

Believe Michigan has the third largest stadium in the World

India and North Koren ate at the top

That is a potent selling point.for a potential recruit
attending a game

I thought he and his parents fell in love with the Iowa Program

Money Talks and the losers walk

Until the Hawks can match the $ these recruits are getting
we will continue to be, hopefully, a solid second tier team

Will have to be satisfied with that scenario, and just enjoy watching the Hawks play
as always

Waiting for the occasional upset similar to the Ohio State victory a few years ago

That was a stunner

This is the NCAA’s fault 100% btw. Not the athletes. NCAA could and did permanently yank eligibility and potentially a future livelihood for making $20 on an autograph or $50 for a local car dealer radio ad, got taken to court dozens of times, and refused even tiny compromises which would have been ridiculously lopsided in favor of the NCAA. They thought they were gods and wanted to keep making billions off of kids’ talent alone. They got what they deserved when they were kicked to the curb and I’m here for it.

If they would’ve agreed to “reasonable” concessions back in the 90s we wouldn’t be in this place right now. This isn’t kids’ greed, it the justified result of the NCAA board members’ greed.

To me if they say they’re defending the sanctity of amateurism, should Mark Emmett not have been an amateur himself rather than taking millions in salary over the years? How ‘bout an amateur board of directors presiding over non-revenue sports?

Hmm…I think I might be able to get behind that.

The new landscape has increased the importance on evaluation in the portal. The Hawkeyes need to be right with the NIL they do have. You miss on a QB or two, for instance, and you're farther behind the blue bloods.

Keep in mind that most of our best kickers have been walk-ons. Several scholly kickers over the years never panned out.

I don't recall the name off the top of my head, but we had one on a full ride that was here for five years, probably about 8-10 years ago, and never did anything of note.

Keep in mind that most of our best kickers have been walk-ons. Several scholly kickers over the years never panned out.

I don't recall the name off the top of my head, but we had one on a full ride that was here for five years, probably about 8-10 years ago, and never did anything of note.

Any kickers the Hawks recruit are going to be targets for our opponents

Kickers and punters have been a large factor on our wins

And this certainly has captured attention by the NIL Heavy opposion

Latest posts