Michigan quarterback says Iowa fans are 'annoying'

That's the second player recently to say something about our wonderful fans. Glad all of you Hawkeye fans are doing a terrific job.

I had 4th row tickets right behind the Michigan St. bench several years back. It had been a productive morning and I was in rare form. I heckled the Mich. St. bench the entire game. Got a few glares and a couple of laughs out of their sideline. I can see how the fans can get in their heads. GO HAWKS!

TL/DR?
COOL STORY BRO?

I had 4th row tickets right behind the Michigan St. bench several years back. It had been a productive morning and I was in rare form. I heckled the Mich. St. bench the entire game. Got a few glares and a couple of laughs out of their sideline. I can see how the fans can get in their heads. GO HAWKS!

TL/DR?
COOL STORY BRO?
I love it I love it I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey as far as I'm concerned very little is out of bounds for those folks sitting in and around the front row on the visitor side. Let them have it. Sure sounds like they are and have been.

I'm not normally a fan of the obnoxious guy in the crowd, but since I don't sit anywhere near that section I hope there's a whole bunch of "those guys" over there. If you can be annoying enough to get noticed then you are doing something right.

Michigan fans are annoying, because they keep trying to spoon you in that 70,000 seat stadium where they cram in 100,000.

Hey as far as I'm concerned very little is out of bounds for those folks sitting in and around the front row on the visitor side. Let them have it. Sure sounds like they are and have been.

I'm not normally a fan of the obnoxious guy in the crowd, but since I don't sit anywhere near that section I hope there's a whole bunch of "those guys" over there. If you can be annoying enough to get noticed then you are doing something right.

Got to sit 6 rows behind the visitors bench at Homecoming against Northwestern several years back. It's one thing to be annoying but there were some folks being so crude (vile) that other Hawk fans were apologiizing to the NW players. There is a limit.

Got to sit 6 rows behind the visitors bench at Homecoming against Northwestern several years back. It's one thing to be annoying but there were some folks being so crude (vile) that other Hawk fans were apologiizing to the NW players. There is a limit.

I agree if they are yelling nonsense at no one. At least those guys are directing it at the opposing team and trying to get into their heads. I can imagine it wasn't all rainbows and butterflies, but honestly as long as I don't have to hear it I don't really care. The more hostile the better. I'm sure it isn't appropriate and if kids are around, which I'm sure they are, it's probably not an environment they should be in. However, when I hear comments like this from opposing team's players then it proves it works if they are taking notice. So for me it's out of sight out of mind. Just being honest.

I agree if they are yelling nonsense at no one. At least those guys are directing it at the opposing team and trying to get into their heads. I can imagine it wasn't all rainbows and butterflies, but honestly as long as I don't have to hear it I don't really care. The more hostile the better. I'm sure it isn't appropriate and if kids are around, which I'm sure they are, it's probably not an environment they should be in. However, when I hear comments like this from opposing team's players then it proves it works if they are taking notice. So for me it's out of sight out of mind. Just being honest.

exactly. I want visiting players to hate having to stand on our sideline. Get in to em Hawks!

Fans are SUPPOSED to annoy the opposing team's players. It's a part of home field/court advantage. I remember enough Iowa hoops teams going on the road and getting mercilessly heckled by the Orange Crush in Champaign, etc. What goes around comes around.

I was one of the fans freezing behind the Michigan bench. I am glad that my vocal efforts were not wasted because it was cold!

Really entertaining behind the visitor’s bench. Those guys do not take their job lightly. It can be really difficult for an overly-confident college alpha male to not fire back to a heckler when they’re several feet from you.

That's rich. I have been to a game at Michigan, oh wait the stadium in the "****-house" had 8,000 fans left in the 4th quarter baby! 2002 baby. What a bunch of ******* fans. You'd thought there was a polar shift when we walked out of there.

Latest posts