Michigan Players bring Guns to coaches house for dinner?

wow yeah--totally are guns---- i don't think it's anything technically wrong, just rather a little creepy--- i guess watch out if you end up hurting one of their backs..

That tell you many things, how safe are the streets of Ann Arbor, the type of player they recruit, and the type of coach that allows this to happen. I don't think this would happen at Iowa.

That tell you many things, how safe are the streets of Ann Arbor, the type of player they recruit, and the type of coach that allows this to happen. I don't think this would happen at Iowa.

I can tell you for a fact that during the Bob Commings era, it did happen at Iowa. Only not in the presence of a coach.

I think out of fairness to most respectable schools, you won't see this, not just at Iowa..... it definitely looks kinda classless--- i would almost think of the Michigan student editors that did this video (i presume they would use student media production) missed that one....

I don't care if they are real guns or not. You can't have any kind of guns, not bb guns, not replica guns, not real guns, in a scene of any type of produced video about your program. This is absolutely disgusting. I'd be calling for the head of the coach involved.

I don't care if they are real guns or not. You can't have any kind of guns, not bb guns, not replica guns, not real guns, in a scene of any type of produced video about your program. This is absolutely disgusting. I'd be calling for the head of the coach involved.

Pretty sure the 2nd amendment gives us the right to bear arms, not sure why they would be offensive unless you are one of those nambie pambies that are scared of them. Not trying to get political but there shouldnt be any reason they are offensive.

Not gonna argue there are a ton of ways to use this to poke fun at the players and university. But it certainly shouldnt be offensive.

It may not be offensive but it certainly is an ignorant oversight to have it -real or not - in the video.

Pretty sure the 2nd amendment gives us the right to bear arms, not sure why they would be offensive unless you are one of those nambie pambies that are scared of them. Not trying to get political but there shouldnt be any reason they are offensive.

Not gonna argue there are a ton of ways to use this to poke fun at the players and university. But it certainly shouldnt be offensive.

I'm not nambie pambie. I own multiple fire arms. I have no problem with players or coaches owning them. I'm saying they have ZERO place in any type of player/coach interaction, or in anything public regarding the university. It's not offensive, it's absolutely appalling.

There are actually two guns. One is clear and sitting to the left of the silver one. So I'm lead to believe they are squirt guns.

Some of the young men that are recruited come from inner city enviroments and settings where you carry a gun because it is needed.

It takes time to adjust to the change in settings.

Agreed here, it just looks un-professional--- this has nothing to do with 2nd amendment rights--- we have a constitutional right to drink, but that doesn't mean we should have videos of football Players (even if they are seniors, 21+) sitting around drinking a beer while chewing the fat or talking about a big game, etc. etc -- it's about projecting a professional, classy message that i think most "elite" programs probably want to sell to high school seniors who are looking to play football for their school, who would probably be watching these videos with their parents.

There are actually two guns. One is clear and sitting to the left of the silver one. So I'm lead to believe they are squirt guns.

I with ya on the squirt guns. I think this is much ado about nothing. If we have become so sensitive that we cant even have squirt guns without offending someone then god help us all.

LOL well it's monday and there isn't anything good to talk about (the Wehr in the world is Wegher has been pretty much beat to death) so might as well do something eh? :)

Some of the young men that are recruited come from inner city enviroments and settings where you carry a gun because it is needed.

It takes time to adjust to the change in settings.

This is beyond rediculous. Even if you buy the argument that you are safer in public carrying a gun (which I don't) there is certainly no need to carry one to a coaches dinner.

This isn't a political issue. This is part of the Universities public relations arm, and you just can't have guns involved in something like this. It's beyone inappropriate.

Latest posts