Michigan guilty

NCAA will be penalizing Michigan football before next season. This dovetails nicely with Jon's front page analysis of the Iowa vs Mich game this fall. As he pointed out, DickRod could be teetering on the brink if they lost at ND and/or vs MSU...then Iowa comes to town to insert the dagger in DickRod...can you imagine the angst in Ann Arbor if they lose those three games,and are on probation to boot? Fear and loathing in AA for Dickrod...

HATE MICHIGAN. HATE THEIR ARROGANCE. HATE 'EM WITH A DEEP, INTENSE HATRED

HATE DICKROD - HE IS A JERK

I'M GLAD THE CHEATERS GOT CAUGHT.

CAN YOU TELL I HATE THEM?

It's crazy to think that teams with so much tradition like Michigan, USC, Alabama (in the 90's) had to "cheat" but still get all the love from the sports media...but the teams that do things right (Iowa) are said to have no "real" tradition.

Actually I always thought Michigan had one of the highest standards, so this surprises me (if it goes unpunished). Remember Gary Moeller? He had a .758 winning percentage and won or shared the Big Ten title 3 out of his 5 years there. They kicked him out because of a drunken incident. I'd be surprised if Michigan would tolerate this.

They were pretty quick with that investigation and all huh? Seems like the saga in Southern California just keeps on dragging out. How is that?

The difference is that Michigan cooperated and did their own investigation and brought the results to the NCAA in hopes of leniency.

I saw Mary Sue Coleman and Dickrod doing their mea culpa today.
The penalties will not be contested when the NCAA announces them,apparently.
Probably will be some schollys, coaches restrictions, sanctions.
They will be issued next fall, probably right about the time that ND,MSU and Iowa are beating Dickrod on the field...I think it could be dickrods last year.