Michigan Game

Did I say UMass had a better offense than we do? I said I don't think Iowa will fair as well in Ann Arbor as UMass did.

Notre Dame isn't a bad team either. They have 2 very close last second losses to two good teams.

Our defense is about the same as last year. Michigan carved us up with Robinson and almost beat us. They had 5 turnovers. This year and I suspect for a very long time you better get used to hoping Michigan's offense beats itself and hoping your offense can score in the 30's.

Ok, so if we agree UMass doesn't have as good an offense as we do, why would their offense fare better against Michigan's D than ours?

Last year we spent all of our time preparing for Tate Forcier. We didn't have weeks and weeks of Denard Robinson film to watch so we were significantly less prepared for him than we will be this year. It's a one-man team right now. I still don't buy into Denard's throwing ability under pressure and he won't be able to run his "three step drop, nobody wide open, take off running" style game in and game out and not get hurt. It's not that I want him to get injured, but he's under 200 lbs and he's going to get his head knocked off if he tries that all season in the Big Ten.

I think the Michigan game is the key game to the rest of the season. If Iowa is anything they should win the next 2 games (Ball St, Penn St should be automatic wins by showing up to play). If Iowa loses those games, they are imploding.

I think Iowa will have to do a little more than "show up" to beat Penn State.

Iowa should roll Penn St. If Iowa shows up to play that game (meaning playing our A game) we should beat Penn St.

Iowa should roll Penn St. If Iowa shows up to play that game (meaning playing our A game) we should beat Penn St.

Penn State's offense hasn't done much but their defense isn't bad. It will be tough for a freshman QB to come into the atmosphere Kinnick will have but he's already seen it at Alabama and if we don't fix our special teams he will probably have good field positioning to work with.

I think we do fix our special teams and our defense dominates that game and we win fairly easily though.

If anyone is "confident" about beating anybody after last Saturday you better think again. This team is full of holes and they all showed last Saturday. Can we beat Michigan? Sure. Can we beat Michigan if we played like we did against Arizona? Not a chance. If we don't improve in a hurry we will lose 3 or 4 more games...easy. We have a lot of great football teams to play and we were anything but great last Saturday. I hope this team has awakened because the team I saw in Arizona was asleep the first half. I want to see the Top 10 Hawk team Saturday and not the confused team I saw last Saturday. Let's Go Hawks!

If anyone is "confident" about beating anybody after last Saturday you better think again. This team is full of holes and they all showed last Saturday. Can we beat Michigan? Sure. Can we beat Michigan if we played like we did against Arizona? Not a chance. If we don't improve in a hurry we will lose 3 or 4 more games...easy. We have a lot of great football teams to play and we were anything but great last Saturday. I hope this team has awakened because the team I saw in Arizona was asleep the first half. I want to see the Top 10 Hawk team Saturday and not the confused team I saw last Saturday. Let's Go Hawks!

Iowa won't play like they did last Saturday again this year.

Latest posts