Michigan game parking situation

Iahwkfn

Going to the Big House for the 1st time, "I know your happy for me", but do any of you veterans of the trip to Ann Arbor have hints of where to try and park? Do they have a shuttlebus/Cambus setup? Any tips would be appreciated.

Try the golf course that is just across the street from the stadium. Can't remember the name but you can't miss it. They let you tailgate on the fairway's, atleast they did the last time we played there.

Try the golf course that is just across the street from the stadium. Can't remember the name but you can't miss it. They let you tailgate on the fairway's, atleast they did the last time we played there.

Yes Ive been there four times and the golf course is where you want to be. If you have a group in there you can park at pioneer high school for cheaper and its just across the street and walk into your fellow HN. Just look at the map as you want to be on that side when you enter Ann Arbor because the other side is like driving down Melrose. I believe the golf courses are on the southeast side, but check the map.

I also parked on the golf course when I have gone to Michigan games. Tons of space to tailgate and park. Short walk to the stadium. The Michigan fans I encountered on my trips were always very nice. Even had fans shake my hand on the way out as they were leaving in the 4th quarter of the 2002 Hawkeye victory.

If you haven't already bought your tickets, make sure they are as low as possible. The upper rows seem like they are a mile away from the field. Hopefully, they have eliminated the obstructed view seats around the old pressbox after the remodel of the stadium.

Park at the golf course immediately across the street from Michigan Stadium.

From I-94, at exit 175 (Saline Rd) go north. The name of the street changes to Main Street. Go all the way to Stadium Blvd., make a right. Pull into the golf course. The golf course parks vehicles everywhere on the course except for the greens. One year I parked in the middle of a fairway five feet from a green. A beautiful setting to tailgate. The only drawback is that if you have females in your group, the port-a-potties are few and far between. You can enter the golf course from Main Street but you will have a longer walk.

Overnight RV parking is on Main Street on the west side of the golf course at Pioneer High School.

Here is a map for Michigan parking.

http://www.mgoblue.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/mich/genrel/auto_pdf/football-parking-2010

Last edited:
I've been there three times. Never parked in the golf course but from where i've parked you can see it. I agree with an earlier poster that the east side is not where you want to be. You want to be in the golf course or in the pioneer school parking lot. I agree for the most part that their fans are pretty good although the Cop on the loudspeaker as you're leaving the stadium will give it to you pretty good after a loss. I'm planning on parking near the school if I get in early enough. The bathroom situation is much better at the school and post game they open up all 5/6 lanes all almost all the way back to the interstate so traffic leaving isn't bad.

Latest posts