Michigan feels targeting should have been called on Speight hit

It doesn't matter at this point. In my opinion, yes, maybe more so than the punter hit.

Iowa ref blamers pls take note. This non call (if it should have been) did not lose the game for Michigan.

That's a writer who covers Michigan questioning the no-call. There's no mention of anybody connected to the team suggesting this.

But in that replay, you can see Jaleel did lead with the crown.

The rules are the rules, since he hit him in the shoulder pad and not the helmet I wouldn't think there would be an ejection.

But what horrible tackling technique, the Iowa defender is lucky he didn't get hurt.

The rules are the rules, since he hit him in the shoulder pad and not the helmet I wouldn't think there would be an ejection.

But what horrible tackling technique, the Iowa defender is lucky he didn't get hurt.

Horrible technique? For sure. It is a violation, helmet contact or not.

Quick question: If a player tackles a runner from behind when the runner doesn't see or know that he's about to be hit/tackled; is that runner considered to be defenseless? Or is the mere act of running void any defenseless notion?

It doesn't matter at this point. In my opinion, yes, maybe more so than the punter hit.

Iowa ref blamers pls take note. This non call (if it should have been) did not lose the game for Michigan.

I font know about that. If they would have called it, there's almost no way we would have won.

I font know about that. If they would have called it, there's almost no way we would have won.

My point is that they lost the game because of mostly other reasons, including trying to take on Iowa on Iowa's strengths at Iowa.

Didn't see that during the game.

Yes. It was a targeting hit.
And so was the Michigan hit on Coluzzi: not only late hit but helmet to helmet late hit.

Besides, who cares what they "feel".
Emoting lightweights.

My point is that they lost the game because of mostly other reasons, including trying to take on Iowa on Iowa's strengths at Iowa.

It doesn't matter what else the team could have done. If the refs didn't call something they should have, and Michigan would have won the game if they did call it, it's inaccurate to say the non call didn't lose the game for them.

There are tons of potential targeting calls on both sides, in every NCAA football game. Sometimes you get them and sometimes you don't. Unless you get rid of on-field officiating and replay review every single play from every angle there will be missed calls. I'm sure if someone scoured game film he or she could find five or ten plays where Michigan could have been called for it but wasn't, just like every other team.

If Michigan trolls have been reduced to arguing that they lost because of a no-call, the Hawks have done their job. What happened to scoring 78 points?

If Speight hit one or more of his wide open WR's for deep passes (there were opportunities), there's almost no way we would have won. Maybe they should focus on the parts of the game that were well within the team's control.

Also I like how their game banner for the week has 9-0 Michigan against Indiana ... they must not be in too big of a hurry to update the loss column.

Meh. You wanna talk about missed calls, a bigger one a few years back was the Northwestern facemask that whipped Ricky Stsnzi's head around contributing to the serious ankle injury that kept him out the rest of the season.

Good refereeing is sort of like fishing. You try to catch everything but you can't catch them all. Like the OL holding on Michigan's TD drive. Especially the passing plays.They were so obvious but yet they missed them.

Yeah, this is the same crew that left their starters in during the second half of a 78-0 humiliation of Rutgers. Nice folks. They couldn't handle a tough Iowa team on the road, even as a 24 point favorite. Ohio State is gonna hand it to 'em in Columbus