Michigan blocking committed recruits from see other schools

You can't block a kid from going elsewhere. YOu can tell them if they do, their scholarship is no longer on the table, or their spot is up for grabs, etc.

And.....Iowa isn't Michigan

We do this anyway, don't we Jon? I thought if you wanted to visit elsewhere, you had to let the coaching staff know in advance or your offer was pulled.

I don't like this, if a kid does not want to be a Hawkeye then he should not be forced to come here. I say let the look around all they want until they sign on the dotted line.

I don't like this, if a kid does not want to be a Hawkeye then he should not be forced to come here. I say let the look around all they want until they sign on the dotted line.

Problem with that is you end up with 5 recruits you are expecting to sign, and they leave you at the alter on signing day. It is better that we know who are solid commits and who we are getting for sure.

We do this anyway, don't we Jon? I thought if you wanted to visit elsewhere, you had to let the coaching staff know in advance or your offer was pulled.

Iowa does it after the fact, I don't think they lay down a gauntlet. They may, I just don't know.

Iowa does it after the fact, I don't think they lay down a gauntlet. They may, I just don't know.

I'm sure Michigan and Iowa (and all schools) take much the same approach in when they lay down the gauntles. For example, with lower-end guys you can do this, it's just that their low-end is much higher than ours. They may be able to pull this with a 4* because they have another 1 or 2 of those that would take that offer. Alabama may be able to pull this with just about any kid given their cache at the moment.

Rivals250 offensive guard David Dawson found out Michigan would pull no punches with its no-visit policy for commits.

Latest posts