Micah Hyde!

Hyde is having a great rookie season.

Listening to the radio a few days ago and one of guys who covers the Packers said that Micah is basically filling a lot of the package Charles Woodson had when he was in Green Bay. He has also registered a sack. He was a hell of a player at Iowa, just happened to be playing on a couple of the mediocre teams the last couple of years. Arguably the best cover corner Iowa has had.

As a Green Bay fan I gotta admit I love all these Hawkeyes Ted Thompson has brought in. Hyde and Daniels are studs and it will be nice to get Bulaga back for depth on the OL.

I feel like he's better in the NFL than he was in college.

might be that you are imagining things. also might be that if you are around more talent (playing in the NFL will give you that opportunity) your talent will shine brighter (don't have to cover for others shortcomings in the NFL, for example).

Some guys just adjust to the NFL gm better than they did in college. For instance take Arron Foster when he played at TN he was just average but when he got to the NFL he blew up. Hopefully Micah Hyde does the same thing. GO HAWKS!

As a Green Bay fan I gotta admit I love all these Hawkeyes Ted Thompson has brought in. Hyde and Daniels are studs and it will be nice to get Bulaga back for depth on the OL.

Also a Pack fan... could you believe the stat that 50 of their guys have never played for another team??? That's crazy.

When Daniels was drafted by the Packers one of their front office guys released a video analyzing each of their picks. When he discussed Daniels he specifically talked about players from the Iowa program coming in ready to play professional football. They know how to bring it at practice every day because that's what is expected at Iowa. They know how to handle themselves like professionals because that's what's expected at Iowa. The way practice is run at Iowa is very similar to the way practices are run in the league. If you aren't a star then the NFL isn't going to put up with ANY BS. Hawkeye players are already wired to operate the way NFL coaches and GM's want all of their players to operate. When an NFL GM sees a talented player who is a Hawkeye it makes him an easy/safe draft choice because at the very least he will amount to what was expected. In some cases he will amount to much more like Dallas Clark, Bryan Bulaga, Bob Sanders, and now maybe Micah Hyde. There's very little risk involved in using a pick to take a Hawkeye.

I'm a 49ers fan, but I would love to see GB go after any of the Hawks current linebackers. Would be pretty cool to see an NFL team loaded with former Hawkeyes.

Last edited:
Also a Pack fan... could you believe the stat that 50 of their guys have never played for another team??? That's crazy.
I was really surprised when they showed that on Sunday night. That really is crazy. Just shows how amazing of a job the organization does at building a team through the draft.

I feel like he's better in the NFL than he was in college.

Hyde was pound for pound the best football player we had last season. Few realized this because we were awful and our safety play was horrendous like it is this year.

Hyde was voted defensive back of the year last year in the B1G which says a lot.

In terms of speed he ran down Mark from Northwestern on his 90 yard run and that guy can fly.

Great player too bad he had to go out on that team.