Micah Hyde no longer a Packer

Not a shocker......Green Bay needs a ton of help in the secondary. They don't need tweeners, they need cover guys.

Not a shocker......Green Bay needs a ton of help in the secondary. They don't need tweeners, they need cover guys.

He was one of their better DBs and a play-maker. Think they're gonna regret letting him go but then the NFL is a business.

As a Packers fan I hate to see him go. It was always fun rooting for him and Daniels together on D. He had a role and proved some value. I guess it just came down to another team willing to pay more for that value than the Packers were willing to offer or at least that would be my guess.

And it looks like the Vikings are going to get Riley Reiff too. I'd say it's been a good day!

Hyde said the Packers never made an offer... Wonder what's up with that. He played pretty well for them down the stretch. I get why he went to the Bills they forked over a heck of a deal for him. But man to be in Bradys division to have him picking on you twice a year... He might find it tougher playing in that division then the NFC North.... But good for him cashing in.

1. GB had one of the worst, if not the worst DB group in the NFL. Hyde was part of that.
2. He was GB's 3rd safety, maybe #4 next year.
3. He played a lot this year due to injuries.
4. As mentioned above, GB needs cover guys badly, Hyde is not a cover guy.

You can't pay a guy like that 30 million and half guaranteed.

1. GB had one of the worst, if not the worst DB group in the NFL. Hyde was part of that.

GB had a horrible CB group, and Hyde was one of the lone bright spots, especially with his versatility and ability to play corner or safety.

Other than that, yeah. Hyde is someone I'd like to have back, but we need CB's much more and can't afford to keep him for that much money.

You really don't understand football do you? Let me guess, you're a Bears fan.

It looks like you think a team needs is 22 starters. Teams need depth. They also need players who can play different positions and special teams. Because football has become so specialized players like Hyde are very valuable to have on the teams.

Last edited:
There will always be a place for guys like Micah. The NFL rosters are very limited in numbers and injuries are a serious issue nearly every year for nearly every team. GB was a great example of this problem, especially in the secondary. So, depth and versatility become major issues. If GB thought they could do better with an open roster spot then so be it. That has been their pattern...they like to build through the draft. I think Micah will do just fine and will likely play for a few more years and then retire with a bunch of $$. After all, that is what the NFL is all about for these guys. Remember: NFL is Not For Long.

There will always be a place for guys like Micah. The NFL rosters are very limited in numbers and injuries are a serious issue nearly every year for nearly every team. GB was a great example of this problem, especially in the secondary. So, depth and versatility become major issues. If GB thought they could do better with an open roster spot then so be it. That has been their pattern...they like to build through the draft. I think Micah will do just fine and will likely play for a few more years and then retire with a bunch of $$. After all, that is what the NFL is all about for these guys. Remember: NFL is Not For Long.
I thought it was the No Fun League. Channeling Jerry Glanville.

Latest posts