Micah Eugene is No Longer a Member of the LSU Football Team

Micah Eugene is No Longer a Member of the LSU Football Team

From article:

LSU has confirmed that defensive back Micah Eugene is no longer on the LSU Football team. They also stated that defensive backs Jerqwinick Sandolph and Derrick Raymond will not travel with the team for their Outback Bowl match-up with the Iowa Hawkeyes.

Maybe they are staying at home and planning on playing 7 linemen and 4 LBs as we'll run 99% of the time.....plus the SEC speed those 4 LBs probably can cover our WRs.

Those guys don't even play. Don't worry, though; the other DBs will be there. You'll notice them. Your receivers certainly will.

Those guys don't even play. Don't worry, though; the other DBs will be there. You'll notice them. Your receivers certainly will.

Our receivers never notice defensive backs. We'll find out for sure at half time interview.

I do hope those dbs get a chance to meet Mark Weisman once or twice, I'm sure he'd like to hello. Hoping for a good, injury free game.

Geaux Hawks.

Weisman better be ready because the way our backs have played the last couple of games, he's going to have someone all over him. The A&M stud receiver was frustrated all game, and he had JFF throwing to him! Not trying to be too cocky, just sayin' your team better be bringing their best performance of the season.

Weisman better be ready because the way our backs have played the last couple of games, he's going to have someone all over him. The A&M stud receiver was frustrated all game, and he had JFF throwing to him! Not trying to be too cocky, just sayin' your team better be bringing their best performance of the season.

Weisman is our RB. If we win it will be on the ground.

Weisman is a running back. A power running back. Ask the linebacker and two defensive backs that he abused on one of his touchdown runs against Nebraska.

Sorry, thought he was ya'lls Tight End! Weisman will get a hundred yards, as our D line and LBs haven't stopped anyone all year!

I'm interested to see how DC Chavis is going to handle your TEs, as LSU hasn't had to deal with that too much this year. Our LBs aren't great, but our defensive secondary is hot right now. I wonder how Iowa handles Safety blitzes?

We gave up 12 sacks all year...and I would say 6 of those were coverage sacks where our QB ate the ball after his knee injury. We've handled blitz packages pretty well. That being said, the LSU stacks up as one of the better defenses we will have faced. They have the recipe for beating us, shutdown corners who can play alone in space, and big DTs who can get penetration and disrupt the running game from the inside. Our guards, haven't done well against 300lb guys that can move.

The one thing Iowa has going for it is that Kirk Ferentz gets his team ready to play for the bowl games. They will be in shape, focused, and ready to execute the game plan. There won't be any overlooking or expectations that we can do this or that. We will come to the table ready to play physical and will play with intensity for 60 minutes. LSU better do the same...ask South Carolina a few years back...they loafed through their bowl prep disappointed about playing Iowa...and got their arses handed to them in a physical beat down. I don't think that happens with LSU, but just saying.

The most interesting thing about the article that appeared in the Iowa City Press Citizen was the strong suggestion that these guys were being cut loose to make room for some top recruits coming in next year. If true, typical SEC crap...

I do hope those dbs get a chance to meet Mark Weisman once or twice, I'm sure he'd like to hello. Hoping for a good, injury free game.

Geaux Hawks.
LSU's defense actually stinks this year. We got lucky a couple of games and so the fanbase went from depression to elation. We reverted right back to poor defense the very next game against an Arkansas team who hasnt won an SEC game in two years. Our D is not good and a strong run oriented team is exactly what gives us trouble. We are physically weak up front and our LB's arent very good. We have some great young guys who have potential at LB but they havent gotten much action.

Last edited:
The most interesting thing about the article that appeared in the Iowa City Press Citizen was the strong suggestion that these guys were being cut loose to make room for some top recruits coming in next year. If true, typical SEC crap...
Les Miles is a good man. He doesnt do that kind of stuff. The only time he got stuck with too many, he approached a player or two to grey shirt. That year, more players committed than expected and a couple that were definitely not going to qualify academically did. Happy for them but it left Miles in a predicament. Typical media trying to create a story. Miles treats these kids like his own, to a fault. He does not process kids like some teams do.

PS - As of earlier this week, LSU had the least number of commits for next year in the SEC and second or third least nationally. This is not an oversign situation, the media should be ashamed.

There is definitely more of a "cut" mentality with the SEC schools. They run these programs as a business. It's also interesting to compare their graduation rates vs. other conferences. Great article linked below from Scout on this. Read the fine print on LSU reported vs. actual graduation rates … kind of ties in with this cut mentality.

Scout.com: The Bootleg's 2013 Graduation Rate Analysis

There is definitely more of a "cut" mentality with the SEC schools. They run these programs as a business. It's also interesting to compare their graduation rates vs. other conferences. Great article linked below from Scout on this. Read the fine print on LSU reported vs. actual graduation rates … kind of ties in with this cut mentality.

Scout.com: The Bootleg's 2013 Graduation Rate Analysis
You realize it's possible that the kid's transfer because they arent getting playing time, and dont think they will play much anytime soon. Its very competitive like most places. Miles does not just cut kids like that. These guys broke team rules repeatedly (rumored). If Miles doesnt discipline them, then you guys would say he has no ethics. No win situation. Miles is a quirky dude, but he is a good man.

You realize it's possible that the kid's transfer because they arent getting playing time, and dont think they will play much anytime soon. Its very competitive like most places. Miles does not just cut kids like that. These guys broke team rules repeatedly (rumored). If Miles doesnt discipline them, then you guys would say he has no ethics. No win situation. Miles is a quirky dude, but he is a good man.

I agree completely. I can see a lot of 3 and even 4 star kids coming in to programs like this and not getting any playing time until their junior and senior year. They are studs coming out of high school with egos and the lack of playing can be tough to swallow. I also understand the discipline issues … we've had more than our fair share of that at Iowa … but many times coaches know that when they are recruiting them … buyer beware.

Latest posts