Miami 34 - GT 17 >>> UW 20 - Miami 14

eyekwah

Miami beat Georgia Tech on 9/17/9 by 17 at Miami. Iowa handled Wisconsin at Madison early in the conference schedule. I'm hoping Norm can put together a solid defensive scheme, but it looks like Iowa has the defensive talent to handle the GT offense based on game comparisons.

Miami beat GT the 3rd game of the season. You cannot compare that score to the way GT is playing now. The Orange Bowl is going to be a close tough game.

Miami beat GT the 3rd game of the season. You cannot compare that score to the way GT is playing now. The Orange Bowl is going to be a close tough game.

Comparing scores is tough.

But I think you could argue that you might be playing more crisply in week three or four of a season than you might after a four or five week layoff. But both teams have a layoff.

However, I think the bowl layoff probably hurts GT less than passing teams that rely more on timing issues.

Jacory Harris was bad last night...as good as he looked in last year's bowl game, he looked that bad last night

I agree with the premise that Ga ech and running teams in general would be bothered less by a layoff but GA Tech's running game is incredibly timing oriented.

I know using game comparisons can be faulty, but the only chain I could find between Iowa and GT is via UW and Miami. Certainly GT is not the same team that played Miami the third game of the season, but the games do provide one constant and that is the personnel. Since most of the talk is about the powerful GT offense it is only natural to look at defensive personnel from the Iowa viewpoint.

The point I was getting at is that Wisconsin's defense held Miami in check. Harris may have had a "bad" game, but maybe Wisconsin had something to do with that. The key to the game is for Iowa is the defense in my estimation. If Iowa can generate some offense on the ground it can shorten the game to keep the GT offense off the field.

I agree that Harris looked miserable but I think that was because he had a defender up his ace dang near everytime he dropped back. He took some MEAN hits last night. Wisky shut down the run completely and the secondary performed well when Harris was able to roll out (barring two nice scoring drives).

Im just thankful the same badgers didnt show up the 2nd half of the Iowa game!!

I agree that it's tough to compare the two games but I would be lying if I didn't say to myself last night watching the game "this is the team that shut down GT's O?"

Miami's O didn't play well at all but I was more impressed with how well Wisconsin moved the ball on Miami. That was something I didn't see happening before the game.

Wisc controlled the LOS on both sides of the ball and the score didn't even come close to telling the actual story of how much they dominated the game.

The only thing I took away from last nights game and the other ACC games is how the line strength in the ACC appears to be down a little. However, they do appear faster than I thought.

I for one still think it is going to be one hell of a chess match.