Metcalf going beast

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-p3pU-34lQ"]YouTube- Darrion Caldwell v. Brent Metcalf 2009 NCAA Wrestling Finals (vid. 1 of 3)[/nomedia]

I just saw it the other day. I have to say that I didn't know what to expect based on all of the descriptions I had heard of the fall. I thought it was pretty sweet though...almost as satisfying as the Bubba Jenkins pin in Carver when Jenkins was so broken that he wouldn't get off the mat after the pin.

Did anyone else think that it looked a little like Metcalf had it in the back of his mind that he might be able to get that and was maybe even setting him up for that one?

I had seen him do that earlier in the year somewhere. I thought it was in the wrestleoffs, but I can't seem to find the video I had seen. I do remember watching it several times because I had not seen that move before and wondered if it was just a fluke thing or planned. When I saw it at ISU, I had my answer. It was planned and just looking for an opening. I guess we cal that move "the Metcaf" now.

Latest posts