Melvin Gordon

MILHAWKEYE

In the Milwaukee paper there was a big article about him changing his mind from going to Iowa and instead to Wisconsin. He said he built a good relationship with Lester Erb the running back coach for Iowa. He said that telling him that he wasn't going to Iowa was one of the hardest things he ever had to do in his life. I think that if Iowa hadn't fallen apart in the latter part of the season he would still be coming to Iowa. I think he'll be a good one.

Good luck to him...I wish him nothing but the best in his life and I hope he's happy with his decision, but as it pertains to football...f*ck him, he made his choice and it couldn't have been that hard or he wouldn't have done it.

I wouldn't mind a bit that he made the choice to change his commitment except that he was so verbally adamant that he would be a Hawkeye. Things change, I know they do, but it isn't a good idea to get into the habit of saying things you don't truly mean. Hopefully he learns from this and does it better in the future.

transfering within the conference doesn't get you out of wearing the black and gold... instead of a tiger hawk on your jersey you are now wearing a black and gold target... good luck with that.

that's really weak to decommit because of the way they ended the season. I think we've got a better one in COE.

Wisconsin is a huge rival in terms of recruiting. UW had a fantastic year and went to the Rose Bowl. Gordon is from Wisconsin. The two schools have beaten each other for recruits from time to time. Let it go. We recruited John Clay, too.

Wisconsin is a huge rival in terms of recruiting. UW had a fantastic year and went to the Rose Bowl. Gordon is from Wisconsin. The two schools have beaten each other for recruits from time to time. Let it go. We recruited John Clay, too.

And James White, if I am not mistaken.

Good luck to him...I wish him nothing but the best in his life and I hope he's happy with his decision, but as it pertains to football...f*ck him, he made his choice and it couldn't have been that hard or he wouldn't have done it.

that's really weak to decommit because of the way they ended the season. I think we've got a better one in COE.

Hawkshane, that's funny! Cibula I agree, things work out for a reason, with to much depth at any given time, you can lose out on the next superstar. If a kid is not 100% committed then it is time for him to look else where. I think we will see some hard work put in by our RB's this year, everyone wants to be the starter. Cant wait to see Coker next year imagine the confidence boost he got from setting that Missery player on his butt in the Insight, Next year I am going to call it "the running of the bulls".

And James White, if I am not mistaken.

You are correct about that. And if I recall, white wanted to come to iowa but we only had one scholly for a RB left. It was a first come, first serve basis with White and Deandre Johnson. Johnson accepted the scholly first and white's was pulled.

Getting Rodney Coe as his "replacement" isn't a bad option, so while it would have been nice if he would have came to Iowa it isn't be the end of the world either and Iowa will be just fine without him.

Getting Rodney Coe as his "replacement" isn't a bad option, so while it would have been nice if he would have came to Iowa it isn't be the end of the world either and Iowa will be just fine without him.

Well, had he come to Iowa, he'd probably run afoul of AIRBHG, and been unable to play or something, so I guess it's better this way...

Latest posts