Meltdown will begin if............

Kirk keeps a tight rein on the horses pulling the stage. Lord knows that ya might bust an axle or lose a wheel if those horses are allowed to run! Better coached teams have let their horses run and passed Kirks stage. They get the best rooms at the hotel, (bowls) and restaurants, (destinations). Iowa gets to sleep in the stable loft and eat hard boiled eggs at the saloon. Yay??

Let's not put the cart before the horse, boyz. This ball club is good enough to win out. This ball club is also bad enough to lose out (but I think Nebraska is a very likely win). Illinois is playing with some swagger, Wisconsin is Wisconsin and Minnesota might be decent. If we drop 3 in a row and roll into Stinkin' on that sort of a streak, the wheels could easily come off the bus.

This ball game on Saturday is the biggest game for our program in the past several years. If we win it we will likely win out and end up in a decent bowl. If we lose it in grand fashion with an absolute turd of a performance by the offense and I think the team will limp into the home stretch of the season and finish 7-5 or 6-6.

The only question left now is whether or not we can win in Lincoln after dropping 3 turds in a row.

Were you OK with 5-4 B10 record last year?
4-5 the year before?
Yes it’s mediocre. But given the schedule and early departures every year, I think it’s acceptable. That being said, I hope the coaches aren’t ‘satisfied’ with that. But things COULD be worse.

Yes it’s mediocre. But given the schedule and early departures every year, I think it’s acceptable. That being said, I hope the coaches aren’t ‘satisfied’ with that. But things COULD be worse.
Things HAVE gotten worse.
If your prediction of this years record comes true...the last three years under BF as the OC, Iowa's B10 record would be 14-13.
The preceding three years, with GD as the OC, Iowa's B10 record was 18-7.

Seems like I'm late to the meltdown party here on Hawkeyenation. Never fear though, I'll be joining in the meltdown if Iowa loses one of the last 3 games.

Latest posts