Mel Kiper

He has been outstanding in the run game and is a better overall athlete than either Bulaga or Gallery. He will be a LT from day one and is such a good run blocker that he will be compared to Joe Thomas and Jake Long.

He will not have a better combine than Gallery, guaranteed. Gallery ran a faster 40 time than most of the QBs he has blocked for over the years at 6'7" 320 (he ran an electronic 4.98)...That said, Reiff may be a better T in the NFL. Reiff is probably a more natural athlete than Bulaga, but Bulaga may have a better career, since he ended up in the best organization in the league (Packers)...The next step all depends on where the player ends up--Indy might be ideal for RR.

I don't get it. I mean I know he's definitely got the potential, but it doesn't feel like we've really seen him reach it yet. He reminds me more of Bulaga in that sense. He just doesn't seem to have played like a possible #1 overall pick. Gallery dominated, and made you think that. But we haven't seen that with Reiff just yet.

I agree, Gallery's senior year he was big time dominant. A beast. IF Reiff stays next year maybe he has a year like Gallery, but I haven't seen that level from him YET.

The reason you know Gallery dominated is because whenever you watched the game on tv, the announcers told us he was. Riley is having an All big ten year, and is a good run blocker, but what makes him such a top pick is his skill as a pass blocker, with him being one of the best in the nation. Gallery dominated as a run blocker, Reiff as a pass blocker. And the people knockin Bulaga forget he missed a few games with illness and then immediately thrown back into Big Ten competition before he was fully back in game shape or speed. After a couple of games, Bulaga dominated, not to mention dominating Morgan during the Orange Bowl.

He's played very well all year. The ULM plays that were in question as him getting beat, one was absolutely questionable as to whether it was the guard's responsibility.

This guys is a first rounder this year and he doesn't stick around and I don't blame him. It would be great, but in football, it's just not a chance you should take. Clayborn should have left.

http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/football/34258-gamefilm-offensive-line-grades-vs-ulm.html

"I was a little concerned with Reiff’s play at times this week. Normally he’s in excellent position and uses solid technique in pass protection, but at times he was off balance and looked awkward. This wasn’t a high level opponent he was facing and I expected him to be dominant. His run blocking was fine but pass protection wasn’t good. Spoke to him after the game and he cited poor use of hands and footwork issues at times during the game. He’s got all the tools to be a excellent pass blocker but something was off this week. Hopefully this is something he’ll clean up in the bye week."

Let's stop with the Michigan State impenetrable defense hype. Notre Dame with one great receiver and an average quarterback shredded that defense in South Bend and we have the same potential in Iowa City. Ohio State is a train wreck offense, at least at present, and is not the team to judge any defense by.

Let's stop with the Michigan State impenetrable defense hype. Notre Dame with one great receiver and an average quarterback shredded that defense in South Bend and we have the same potential in Iowa City. Ohio State is a train wreck offense, at least at present, and is not the team to judge any defense by.

Nobody hyped up their defense is some impenetrable object. Their secondary sucks, which is why Floyd was able to shred them. But Worthy and Gholston are both VERY good, and play up front. The back 7 is why the whole unit isn't very good. But those two are a handful for an O-line.

Latest posts