Mel Kiper on Ricky Stanzi

In his evaluation of Brohm, Merrill Hodge says something to the effect of "my only concern about this guy is his accuracy."

How many times are NFL draft experts and teams going to make this same mistake? Accuracy should be the absolute #1 thing teams are looking at. If a guys can't throw accurately at the college level, how on earth is he going to succeed at the NFL?

I'd love to see a historical breakdown of how many college QBs were flagged for accuracy issues during the draft, how many of those went on to be successful, and how many were busts.

Exactly why Jake Locker would scare the hell out of me as a GM. He couldn't complete passes against the Pac-10. No reason to think he'll suddenly pick up this skill in the NFL.

Kind of like taking a big strong kid who hit .190 in college with some long home runs and thinking he'll learn how to hit at the major league level.

I'd rather have Stanzi over Locker. Time will tell, but I'd argue Stanzi's inferior arm strength and athleticism will be less problematic to playing NFL quarterback than will Locker's inability to quickly recognize the defense and accurately deliver the ball.

Well Mcshay also said Brian Brohm was better than Aaron Rodgers. Everything this guy says is negative and he is rarely correct. Mel Kipper Jr is the authority on the subject for a reason.
YouTube - 2008 NFL DRAFT Packers Select BRIAN BROHM

Mel? The guy who thought that Brain Urlacher was nothing but a workout warrior and wouldn't start a game in his career? Draft analysis is all conjecture. Who knows what will happen.

Kiper also thinks Jimmy Clausen is the 2nd coming of Joe Montana and that ain't going to be the case. Hope Mel's right though.

Mel? The guy who thought that Brain Urlacher was nothing but a workout warrior and wouldn't start a game in his career? Draft analysis is all conjecture. Who knows what will happen.

If Urlacher is the most recent mark against Kiper, he's pretty damn good.

If Urlacher is the most recent mark against Kiper, he's pretty damn good.

The most recent one I can think of is Jimmy Clausen, and I also remember him being pretty high on Ashton Youboty (sp?) from Ohio State a few years ago. Not bad at all.

Latest posts