Mel Basabe sighting

Cyclones17:
I ZachIsaac have the smallest penis in the world. wonder what kind of a tune you'd be singing if you were told McKnight backed out of his LOI, and was signing with K State; Your response would be no different than the Brust response has been on this or any other board. My guess is, the mayor will give you plenty of reasons to play the kettle in the next few years. Why don't you go close the gate---some of the ISU cheerleaders may be getting out.

Right! Look at Wilkins for ISU. He committed to ISU and than backed out and will go elsewhere. No big deal for me. It happens

I am not pathetic enough to rip a kid on a message board. And than in another thread praise a kid for doing the exact same thing...except this time it benefits me. It truly is sad and pathetic.

Wilkins is not McKnight; It is what it is; and if an event hit your trigger, you'd do the same as most on all college BB boards do, as evidenced by your juvenille reconstructing of my statement; you took the bait and, exposed yourself.
No need for further discussion.

The question begs to be asked, why someone with Cyclones17 name is spending so much time on this message board. I know nothing is happening with UI right now, but seems ISU fans would have enough of their own things to talk about.

He is somewhat correct about the Brust issue. I know people are interested in Brust, but they wouldn't be if we could sign somebody else and move on. It is getting real old hearing about a kid that doesn't want to be at Iowa, I guess because his beloved coaching staff that recruited him was so much better than the one we have now. I guess he wasn't planning on attending class anyway as the school is not that important.

This is purely an issue because apparently there are few other recruits that serious about Iowa, other than Fran's Siena guy.

Last edited:
Right! Look at Wilkins for ISU. He committed to ISU and than backed out and will go elsewhere. No big deal for me. It happens.

Except Wilkins never signed a LOI - which is (used to be???) a contract with consequences to break it. Huge difference. Verbal vs. Signed LOI. Two different animals. I don't care where Brust ends up. Iowa did the right thing in letting him out b/c he didn't want to be here. This has nothing to do with Brust and Iowa, but rather, it opens a pandora's box of Big Ten coaches continuing to court players SIGNED to other Big Ten schools -- especially if that coach is considered to be in the hot seat. Based on this ruling - the Big Ten should just call a LOI what it now essentially is: A LOI to the coaching staff, not the school. This opens a whole can o' worms I'm not sure they really thought thru. Every top recruit on every Big Ten basketball and football team is going to continually be 'recruited' by every Big Ten coach "just in case".

Except Wilkins never signed a LOI - which is (used to be???) a contract with consequences to break it. Huge difference. Verbal vs. Signed LOI. Two different animals. I don't care where Brust ends up. Iowa did the right thing in letting him out b/c he didn't want to be here. This has nothing to do with Brust and Iowa, but rather, it opens a pandora's box of Big Ten coaches continuing to court players SIGNED to other Big Ten schools -- especially if that coach is considered to be in the hot seat. Based on this ruling - the Big Ten should just call a LOI what it now essentially is: A LOI to the coaching staff, not the school. This opens a whole can o' worms I'm not sure they really thought thru. Every top recruit on every Big Ten basketball and football team is going to continually be 'recruited' by every Big Ten coach "just in case".

Good point, although it will basically be the kids signing with schools that have potential coaching changes being recruited constantly unless there is a no contact rule, which probably won't work. So next year PSU and Michigan and Indiana beware, maybe.

Hey C17...see what happens when you spend 95% of your time on this board being a d-bag and THEN you finally make a good point!?!? Kind of sucks when no one listens at that time, doesn't it!?!?

In response to your thought on Basabe v Brust...you're right, it is hypocritical...but no more hypocritical than your own fanbase wanting Mac gone, then getting pi$$ed (albeit for one whole day) that he got out of dodge before you could run him out.

There's always going to be hypocrisy when it comes to being a fan...fans will always mock others when something bad happens, then wonder why everyone is laughing when something bad happens to them...and I guess it's not totally fair to say "everyone" does it...it's just the loudmouth minority, which is usually the case with most things, even outside of the world of being a sports fan and the loudmouth minority isn't afraid to hit the message boards or the call in shows and share their ignorance, because they're oblivious to it.

But they do have the right to vent and they do have the right to hate it when it happens to them...and to get the rest of us to chime in as well...it's fun and as fans, it's what we do...even if we eat our own young sometimes.

Last edited:
According to an interview he had after his visit, it sounds like he enjoyed his visit and seeing Fran and Francis again but not sure he liked the midwest surroundings. Basabe sounds like he may not commit to Iowa. Would be a big miss. He just isn't set on Iowa culture.

According to an interview he had after his visit, it sounds like he enjoyed his visit and seeing Fran and Francis again but not sure he liked the midwest surroundings. Basabe sounds like he may not commit to Iowa. Would be a big miss. He just isn't set on Iowa culture.

That's too bad...would have loved to have him here.

Latest posts