Megan Gustafson All American

Exposure is directly related to demand. Whether anyone likes it or not, 99.9% of the population doesn’t give two shits about women’s sports. Call me sexist if you want but it’s a fact.

Women’s basketball is a less athletic and less impressive version of the men’s sport. It just is; there’s no other way to spin it. Most decent varsity high school boys teams would anihilate the WNBA champs, and people just don’t find it interesting. If they did it’d be on tv.

So yes, they are treated fairly. As in if there was demand they’d get the exposure just like men’s sports. You can be mad and call me names all you want but it doesn’t change anything.
For somebody that's constantly bitching about women's basketball you sure spend a lot of time on a women's forum. I know you are a closet women's basketball fanatic. You are way off on your %'s Lol Thanks for posting though. By the way for your information it was on TV.

For somebody that's constantly bitching about women's basketball you sure spend a lot of time on a women's forum. I know you are a closet women's basketball fanatic. You are way off on your %'s Lol Thanks for posting though. By the way for your information it was on TV.
A women’s forum? Where is that?

My mistake I meant to say thread. 1 for you.
In either case, I was stating facts. You complain about unfairness when there isn’t any. Sports exposure is based on what people want to see, and people in general don’t want to watch women’s sports on tv. If that isn’t fair, tell me what is.

And, like I predicted, you totally ignored that and turned it back on me. Which is ok.

In either case, I was stating facts. You complain about unfairness when there isn’t any. Sports exposure is based on what people want to see, and people in general don’t want to watch women’s sports on tv. If that isn’t fair, tell me what is.

And, like I predicted, you totally ignored that and turned it back on me. Which is ok.

What ever makes you feel good. So you don't like women's basketball. Doesn't mean the rest of the sports fans don't like it. But your opinion is the only one. Hang in there basketball season will roll around again. Keep your stats handy!

What ever makes you feel good. So you don't like women's basketball. Doesn't mean the rest of the sports fans don't like it.
I feel great. And you’re right. Just because I don’t like it doesn’t mean the rest of sports fans don’t.

The reason the rest of sports fans don’t like it is because it’s boring. Don’t act like there’s some evil man unfairly keeping it off of prime time.

My stats are handy, whatever that means.

Anything is boring if you don't like it. Lol I wish I was computer smart but I'm not or I'd post a few things for you. You say women aren't athletic. That right there tells me you don't know anything about the women's game. There's one thing I have never understood about the women's game is they don't dunk. It's not that they aren't able it's just they don't. If you have a minute google Olivia Nelson-Ododa and watch the video.

Anything is boring if you don't like it. Lol I wish I was computer smart but I'm not or I'd post a few things for you. You say women aren't athletic. That right there tells me you don't know anything about the women's game. There's one thing I have never understood about the women's game is they don't dunk. It's not that they aren't able it's just they don't. If you have a minute google Olivia Nelson-Ododa and watch the video.
I said it’s not as athletic as men’s basketball. You’re twisting my words. My issue with your statement earlier wasn’t about you liking women’s sports...I couldn’t give a shit less.

My issue was you implying women aren’t treated fairly (your words) and aren’t given the air time, prime time slots, etc. which is BS. The sports that are given the attention are the ones people want to watch. So as a TV network I should be forced to give women’s b-ball prime time slots (and corresponding advertising slots) so a few people like you with kids who play can watch it? Hell no. Look at the WNBA. Why do you think the salaries and ticket sales are so low compared to the NBA? Because the majority of the population knows it sucks and it’s boring. People don’t want to watch a pro sport where high school boys would win by 30. It’s not an issue of fairness and it’s not an issue of me not liking it. Just because there’s a tiny majority of the population who like it doesn’t mean everyone else does (to use your own phrase). Should we put darts or bocce ball on TV at 8:30 on a Friday or would you be butthurt because I don’t like it?

I said it’s not as athletic as men’s basketball. You’re twisting my words. My issue with your statement earlier wasn’t about you liking women’s sports...I couldn’t give a shit less.

My issue was you implying women aren’t treated fairly (your words) and aren’t given the air time, prime time slots, etc. which is BS. The sports that are given the attention are the ones people want to watch. So as a TV network I should be forced to give women’s b-ball prime time slots (and corresponding advertising slots) so a few people like you with kids who play can watch it? Hell no. Look at the WNBA. Why do you think the salaries and ticket sales are so low compared to the NBA? Because the majority of the population knows it sucks and it’s boring. People don’t want to watch a pro sport where high school boys would win by 30. It’s not an issue of fairness and it’s not an issue of me not liking it. Just because there’s a tiny majority of the population who like it doesn’t mean everyone else does (to use your own phrase). Should we put darts or bocce ball on TV at 8:30 on a Friday or would you be butthurt because I don’t like it?

I don't like soccer but I'm not on a soccer thread belittling players and people that like to watch it. Every thread that comes out about women's basketball you feel the need to jump in with your opinions like you are some sort of expert. I'm overjoyed with your abundance of knowledge of women's basketball. The reason I said anything about it not being in a prime time slot was to pull your chain and it worked. Thanks for participating. If I can keep awareness of women's basketball going I really like all the help I can get. You need to leave my kids out of conversations.