Megan Gustafson All American

Something to give her added motivation for next year! Maybe she can put up triple-doubles instead of all those boring double-doubles to get a few more votes.

Wow what a talent and an all-time great Hawkeye! Fun to watch her hard work and determination. Love her facial expressions. May never see another like her in a Hawk uniform. Has everything you'd want in a player on and off the court. Thanks for coming to Iowa!

Wish more games were televised.

Something to give her added motivation for next year! Maybe she can put up triple-doubles instead of all those boring double-doubles to get a few more votes.

Wow what a talent and an all-time great Hawkeye! Fun to watch her hard work and determination. Love her facial expressions. May never see another like her in a Hawk uniform. Has everything you'd want in a player on and off the court. Thanks for coming to Iowa!

Wish more games were televised.
Thank you for a great post! Megan is going to be the G.O.A.T. Iowa women's basketball player! Megan does work exceptionally hard and it shows. She's working on her perimeter shooting so next year I'm sure she will add something new to her already outstanding repertoire! Megan only needs 6 points to reach another milestone of 800 points in a season! Still setting records and I'm sure she has a few more records in sight for next year. I also wish more games were televised. I think BTNs lack of televising women's basketball needs to change.

Nice job Megan!

Sure hope they can stay healthy next year. Can't ask for a better centerpiece to lead the charge towards the top of the BIG!

Megan to be the first Hawkeye in program history to be named to the AP fist or second team is just the beginning for her. Next year the records will fall and will contend for POY again! Congrats Megan so very proud that you are a Hawkeye!

Megan to be the first Hawkeye in program history to be named to the AP fist or second team is just the beginning for her. Next year the records will fall and will contend for POY again! Congrats Megan so very proud that you are a Hawkeye!

After Sam Logic made notable improvements from Fr to Soph to Junior years, I thought, "No way is she going to make another leap." Yet, she did, becoming a better decision maker and more consistent shot-maker.

I find myself wondering the same about Gustafson. Where can she go from here? I think the biggest areas she can improve are defense (on- and off-ball) and passing. Her passing grew by leaps and bounds this year, but if she can continue to grow and they can surround her with shooters, she could average 4+ assts/game. I think a better year for her might include dips in scoring and rebounding, but improvements in assists and overall team defensive numbers.

After Sam Logic made notable improvements from Fr to Soph to Junior years, I thought, "No way is she going to make another leap." Yet, she did, becoming a better decision maker and more consistent shot-maker.

I find myself wondering the same about Gustafson. Where can she go from here? I think the biggest areas she can improve are defense (on- and off-ball) and passing. Her passing grew by leaps and bounds this year, but if she can continue to grow and they can surround her with shooters, she could average 4+ assts/game. I think a better year for her might include dips in scoring and rebounding, but improvements in assists and overall team defensive numbers.
I think the assists will go up and her scoring will probably go down. As a whole the team lacked defense this year and I believe it was because of the short bench. They just couldn't afford foul trouble so I look for the defense to pick up some next year. I think the rebounding will stay about the same unless her minutes go down. I think you might se her shooting more 15ft. jumpers.

It's Sunday, 5:15pm (central time) and the NCAA Women's title game between Miss St and N. Dame just tipped off. Why a start for this time? You would think they would get prime time at 7pm.

It's Sunday, 5:15pm (central time) and the NCAA Women's title game between Miss St and N. Dame just tipped off. Why a start for this time? You would think they would get prime time at 7pm.
Do women get treated fairly? There's a baseball game at 7:00.

Do women get treated fairly? There's a baseball game at 7:00.
Exposure is directly related to demand. Whether anyone likes it or not, 99.9% of the population doesn’t give two shits about women’s sports. Call me sexist if you want but it’s a fact.

Women’s basketball is a less athletic and less impressive version of the men’s sport. It just is; there’s no other way to spin it. Most decent varsity high school boys teams would anihilate the WNBA champs, and people just don’t find it interesting. If they did it’d be on tv.

So yes, they are treated fairly. As in if there was demand they’d get the exposure just like men’s sports. You can be mad and call me names all you want but it doesn’t change anything.

Last edited: