Meet your new local

tm3308

Iowa football reporter.

I received the notice today that I've been selected as one of three football reporters (plus the Pregame editor) for this season. I'll get to start right away, as we will cover everything on Saturday. We'll have an online notebook (one story that's basically 2 or 3 short stories in one), we'll tweet updates, and will hopefully be able to post video of our interviews (this one's a little iffy, as we may not have the help with editing available until Sunday). Be on the lookout this week for feature stories, too.

For updates via Twitter from practice, follow:

Sam Louwagie (Pregame editor): https://twitter.com/#!/SamLouwagie
Molly Irene Olmstead (DI Sports editor for next year): https://twitter.com/#!/MIreneOlmstead
Seth Roberts (current DI Sports editor):
Myself: https://twitter.com/#!/CoachMason33

tork-logo.jpg

Bravo, Young Man.
Do a good job. Play it straight. Don't become star-struck. Don't be afraid to ask tough questions when the situation demands. Don't make yourself part of the story, EVER. (If you ever feel the need to do that, write a memoir, but do me a favor and live for a lot more years before you decide to pen your autobiography.)
Above all, work on your chops. I realize that posting here is not the same as filing your article under deadline, but...work on your style, your voice, and your good ol' spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
Be a perfectionist. If you don't, you'll regret it one day.

Holy Crap.... the next Ring Lardner(look it up)! And we can say we knew him when.:D Good luck son.

Bravo, Young Man.
Do a good job. Play it straight. Don't become star-struck. Don't be afraid to ask tough questions when the situation demands. Don't make yourself part of the story, EVER. (If you ever feel the need to do that, write a memoir, but do me a favor and live for a lot more years before you decide to pen your autobiography.)
Above all, work on your chops. I realize that posting here is not the same as filing your article under deadline, but...work on your style, your voice, and your good ol' spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
Be a perfectionist. If you don't, you'll regret it one day.

Believe me, I'm a perfectionist when it comes to my work. I'll likely never be one in a setting like this, though, unless I'm making a longer post that's supposed to prove some kind of point. Places like this are more conversational, and I definitely don't speak the same way I write :D

Believe me, I'm a perfectionist when it comes to my work. I'll likely never be one in a setting like this, though, unless I'm making a longer post that's supposed to prove some kind of point. Places like this are more conversational, and I definitely don't speak the same way I write :D

All I know is that you're still clinging to that tired old sig.

Just sayin'. ;)

Hawkforce tip for Iowa football reporting success: ask kirk this weekend if.he blackballed djk from spring practice.

tm aka tork, congrats man! If this thread is the truth, then you gotta give plugs for "Hawkeye Nation" on a daily basis in your journalism reports.

Congratulations Tork! And no need to thank me...I'm sure my hefty donation and upgrade in parking and seating will be enough thanks in the long run...(seriously though, they must have REALLY not wanted you...they drove a hard bargain!) oh and...PARTY IN MY PRIVATE BOX! (It's the fancy one next to some Kum&Go schmuck's trailered up one)...

who am I going to go to for features on the women's swimming team now? you are so ******* selfish. me me me me me.

Latest posts