Mediacom

Mediacom has been saying for six weeks there is nothing to worry about....when will they admit to people that its time to worry......my guess would be January 5th at about 6pm

No way in hell will Mediacom admit they're not any closer to an agreement, nor will the gas station admit that they are...Com doesn't want to lose customers and Sinclair needs the public to keep pressuring Mediacom into caving...the only losers are the people who have to sit through this crap for a second time.

Sinclair is acting like @ssholes. Using the Orange Bowl and other big time games to extort unreasonable fees from Mediacom.

Sinclair is doing this across the country, they have a long history of pulling this kind of crap.

Sinclair is acting like @ssholes. Using the Orange Bowl and other big time games to extort unreasonable fees from Mediacom.

Sinclair is doing this across the country, they have a long history of pulling this kind of crap.

Some might agree with you, I think both companies are made for each other. They are both good at screwing their customers. Not a big fan of either but I have DirecTV so it doesn't really matter to me.

Don't forget that the fans of our little brother are also getting screwed by Mediacom since they don't/won't carry the NFL network. Unless ISU fans live in the DM area they won't be seeing their bowl game on Mediacom either.

I agree with HawkDad that Sinclair waits until there is something worth watching on their network and then tries to ransom Mediacom and everyone who subscribes. I have insider info that Mediacom pays the other networks 7-10 cents per subscriber and Sinclair wants 50 cents out of us. I have enough friends that have dish to go watch what games I want so if Mediacom wants to push them out of their lineup that is fine with me. I would blackball Sinclair for the next 10 years and work a deal with another company to carry FOX. We are already paying too much for our TV deals and these fat cats need to give a little back to Joe consumer.

I've had DirecTV for ten years. They aren't saints but they sure beat the hell out of the cable companies...unless you're stuck in a blizzard or have to climb a freaking ladder to remove snow and ice like I did on Christmas day. And for those of you hoping otherwise, no, I did not fall off.

Mediacom customers should look into a set of rabbit ears also. Saw an article on AOL saying that many people are dumping cable all together and going back to rabbit ears.

Mediacom customers should look into a set of rabbit ears also. Saw an article on AOL saying that many people are dumping cable all together and going back to rabbit ears.

HD antennas are pretty reasonable.

This one works quite well:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Terk-Amplified-High-Definition-Antenna-Reception/dp/B0007MXZB2/ref=cm_lmf_tit_6_rsrssi0]Amazon.com: Terk HDTVa Indoor Amplified High-Definition Antenna for Off-Air HDTV Reception: Electronics[/ame]

Actually, that's debatable...I have that exact set and they don't get WOI in my basement. I only live in WDM as well. If you are going to use them for a while, pony-up and get a nice set. The ones that plug into the wall also get a much better signal. I guess it just depends on each persons situation.

What I am wondering is why Mediacom won't just say screw these guys and pick up the Omaha or KC Fox affiliate. Seriously, no one watches "local" programming on Fox. Fox in DSM doesn't even do their own news casts...its done by channel 13 (NBC). I admit its definitely not a long term solution, but would get the Orange Bowl and NFL games in the short term. Unless Sinclair owns those affiliates also, which I admit I have no idea if they do or not.

my friend lives in an apt(bottom apt) on the far SW side of Cedar Rapids by West Post Road. He said he went out to Kmart and picked up a $20 HD antenna and came back and plugged it into his plasma and got perfect pictures for all the locals....he even said he thought the HD picture was better than what he got in HD from Mediacom

Actually, that's debatable...I have that exact set and they don't get WOI in my basement. I only live in WDM as well. If you are going to use them for a while, pony-up and get a nice set. The ones that plug into the wall also get a much better signal. I guess it just depends on each persons situation.

Channel 5 is hard to get even if you lived next door to the antenna...any type of brick or stone on the outside of your domicile causes channel 5 to not come in thorugh an antenna...