Media

PimScutney

It really doesn't matter what the media says because we still have three games left. I get that. The articles are interesting but meaningless if we can't get it done over the next three weeks. However, it does seem odd to me that Iowa is a great story and there's more talk about how undeserving the team is than what they've accomplished. Its a bunch of physical kids playing hard and winning without a top 5 recruiting class every year. Eight comeback victories, several players from this state in key positions and the second longest winning streak in the FBS - and all of it done as a team. This is the way its supposed to be done. Bring in players with the right attitude and make them better by stressing the fundamentals. Kids that no one else wanted turning in NFL players.

Instead, its like Iowa is trying to get into a fancy restaurant without a jacket an tie. I think the media is really missing out on something here.

Well put and I agree. My brother emailed Rich Cirminiello from CollegeFootballNews.com, who actually spoke highly of Iowa in his Instant Analysis of the Indiana game, thanking him for his spot on comments about this Iowa team.

Rich's response:

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. It sort of sucks that most people have turned this great story into a reason to point out the talent gap between Iowa and some of the nation’s powerhouses. They’re all missing the moral of the story.

Latest posts