Media picks Megan as BIG Player of the year, but

EstronHawkKing

the coaches did not pick her. What a joke, she was clearly the best player in the conference. She is the 5th Hawkeye in program history to win the award and the 1st to do so since 1998

28575720_10155127768846574_6394941004126745958_n.jpg

She had like 26 double doubles. Who else does that? Ridiculous, IMO. People and their agendas!
Anything decided by judges is a popularity contest, nothing more.

From the AP top 25, figure skating, and the CFP to the Dick Butkus Award, none of them are worth hen shit on a pump handle.

If it isn’t decided by some kind of points system, how fast/how long/how many times you can do something, or who’s left standing at the end, it isn’t a sport—it’s a pageant.

Sorry gymnastics, I’m looking at you. I fully realize I can do about three pull-ups tops, but six judges telling us that your pommel horse dismount was 8.2 units of pretty is less of a sport than a spelling bee.

Anything decided by judges is a popularity contest, nothing more.

From the AP top 25, figure skating, and the CFP to the Dick Butkus Award, none of them are worth hen shit on a pump handle.

If it isn’t decided by some kind of points system, how fast/how long/how many times you can do something, or who’s left standing at the end, it isn’t a sport—it’s a pageant.

Sorry gymnastics, I’m looking at you. I fully realize I can do about three pull-ups tops, but six judges telling us that your pommel horse dismount was 8.2 units of pretty is less of a sport than a spelling bee.
AMEN!!!! Folks that get all bent out of shape over the results from prom king voting type of awards just crack me up. Who freaking cares. We on one hand try to teach our kids to 'be themselves' and don't care what others think' yet we enter them in beauty pageants and air 2 hour long award shows for movies, music, sports you name it. Society really blows my mind sometimes when I stop and think about it.

Again another thread blown up!
What do you expect when you start women’s basketball threads on a men’s basketball forum, especially one where 99% of the posters don’t watch it or care about it? Are you honestly surprised? Because I find that hard to believe.

It’s cool that Iowa has a good player and all, but almost no one here pays attention to WBB. Just look at the game threads you guys have. There’s only three of you that post, wouldn’t it just be easier to group text each other?

What do you expect when you start women’s basketball threads on a men’s basketball forum, especially one where 99% of the posters don’t watch it or care about it? Are you honestly surprised? Because I find that hard to believe.

It’s cool that Iowa has a good player and all, but almost no one here pays attention to WBB. Just look at the game threads you guys have. There’s only three of you that post, wouldn’t it just be easier to group text each other?
Well Fryowa I understand you think women's basketball is beneath the men's program. What you don't seem to understand is it says BASKETBALL A discussion of Iowa's basketball programs. Now just what part of that don't you understand? The basketball forum isn't labeled MEN'S FORUM.

Hahaha. I can't get into womens hoops either. It's just terrible to watch. What's worse then college womans hoops? HS womans hoops. The only thing worse then HS womans hoops is JR high womans hoops...

I think Rob or Jon needs to be judge and jury on this subject.I would like to hear what they think of all of this. Maybe we need a women's forum, IDK? I'm not a huge supporter of women's hoops, mainly because UCONN has ruined the sport. But, this year seems special for the Iowa women, mainly because of Megan.

Well Fryowa I understand you think women's basketball is beneath the men's program.
Not true. I just don't care about it. There's a difference.

What you don't seem to understand is it says BASKETBALL A discussion of Iowa's basketball programs. Now just what part of that don't you understand? The basketball forum isn't labeled MEN'S FORUM.
You're playing semantics. You love the reaction anyway when you post game threads without saying it's a women's game. That's why you and your pal @ClintonIAfan do it. To get a reaction and then you bitch about the reaction.

Hahaha. I can't get into womens hoops either. It's just terrible to watch. What's worse then college womans hoops? HS womans hoops. The only thing worse then HS womans hoops is JR high womans hoops...
6 on 6 was pretty fun to watch.

Not true. I just don't care about it. There's a difference.

You're playing semantics. You love the reaction anyway when you post game threads without saying it's a women's game. That's why you and your pal @ClintonIAfan do it. To get a reaction and then you bitch about the reaction.
You are wrong again! Sheeesh it's not your day.

So much fail on this board. Women's BB is great and very enjoyable to watch.

My God, go to a wrestling meet sometime. Talk about BORING.

Women's BB is great and very enjoyable to watch.
There's your "fail" right there.

The only people who follow WBB are current/former parents of players and current/former players.

It's soooooooo less-skilled than the comparable mens version that it's tough to watch. The top level 4A high school boys teams would wreck the best WNBA team. And before the social justice league jumps me about saying womens sports are "below" mens, that's not the case. They're just not as athletic and in my opinion not fun to watch.

And it's not just basketball. Last year the US womens national soccer team got beat in a scrimmage by a 15u team. Twice. If you like it, great. I just don't and most people don't find it super interesting otherwise there'd be a whole lot more watching and talking.