Measuring Stick Game - MSU

WinOneThisCentury

This really is an intriguing game coming up on Thursday. There are so many storylines happening all at once.

MSU embarrassed Iowa at their place a month ago.
MSU has risen in the rankings and haven't lost in the B10
Izzo will have them ready...he motivates for big games and with Iowa winning 5 straight...big game.
Iowa is shooting the ball really well from three and it's not one guy...Bohannon, Moss, Weiskamp are lighting it up.
Is Iowa prepared to play physical with one of the most physical teams in the country?
Can we stop a top tier guard from destroying our half court defense? (See Winston...See Carson Edwards...See Travis Trice)

It's a tall order as they are really good down low. Garza wasn't Garza in that first game, but their athleticism on the block was a huge factor. Cook and Garza need to get these guys in foul trouble and we need to stop Winston from penetrating at will.

This game will go a long way in saying if we are for real at this juncture in the season. I'm certainly looking forward to finding out.

I've watched MSU at least a dozen times this season. They are deep, athletic and IMO, probably a final 4 team. Maybe could win it all. No matter how well you play, they keep the pressure on. Iowa will have to be exceptional to beat this team, even on their home court. The one thing I like is that MSU plays #13 Maryland tonight. We could have a case of the legs not being too fresh and Iowa having a full week to prep.

I am pretty pissed off because I won't be able to give this game my full attention Thursday as I have some good friends on tour coming to town and playing a venue here in town Thursday night before I jump on for a couple of dates with them. I've thought about every way possible to make it work that I don't have to be there until after 8 and it's just not gonna happen. I'll be able to watch during breaks and probably listen on the radio to and from and then I am gone until Sunday night.

Iowa is at least catching MSU at a decent time. Sparty plays Maryland tonight at home and will have maybe a day of practice/prep before flying out to Cedar Rapids Wednesday night. Then they play at Purdue on Sunday. So Iowa is the sandwich game of a pretty brutal 3 games in 7 days for Sparty.

Also Langford hasn't played in 5 games and Ahrens has been out for the last 2 games.

“Can we stop a top tier guard from destroying our half court defense? “

This is the main question.

Yeah...this is exactly what scares me when Michigan comes to town also. I remember last year in the B10 tourney what Beilein did when his point guard didn't attack our point guard on one possession to start the second half. He berated him. You could read his lips, "I want you attacking him on EVERY play." Simpson then attacked us on every possession in the second half.

Michigan State leads Maryland 48 - 26 with 15:02 left tonight.

For those who say Iowa was embarrassed at the Breslin Center, they join Purdue (lost by 18), Northwestern (lost by 26), and Iowa (lost by 22). The Spartans are good at home.

If we can't, can we outshoot MSU? I don't think Iowa can out physical the Spartans. But they might be able to shoot well and draw enough fouls to win.

I've watched MSU at least a dozen times this season. They are deep, athletic and IMO, probably a final 4 team. Maybe could win it all. No matter how well you play, they keep the pressure on. Iowa will have to be exceptional to beat this team, even on their home court. The one thing I like is that MSU plays #13 Maryland tonight. We could have a case of the legs not being too fresh and Iowa having a full week to prep.

I am pretty pissed off because I won't be able to give this game my full attention Thursday as I have some good friends on tour coming to town and playing a venue here in town Thursday night before I jump on for a couple of dates with them. I've thought about every way possible to make it work that I don't have to be there until after 8 and it's just not gonna happen. I'll be able to watch during breaks and probably listen on the radio to and from and then I am gone until Sunday night.

Get a free trial for YoutubeTV and DVR the game. You get a free week. You have to record it the day of the game. Go to Live on the home screen, go to the channel, FoxSports1, Click on the game, Click on More Info, Go to the top of the page and Click, Add To Library, and you are golden.....

https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/?gcl...VmrXACh1VWQBXEAAYASAAEgJY2fD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

:cool:

Yeah, we can contain Winston

Just have to get quick fouls on Ward and keep him on the bench

The referees are calling it close this season

Ward had three fast fouls in the first half, sat on the bench a lone time and in the second got the fourth foul at the thirteen-minute mark. That might be the key to the game.....

:cool:

0 chance Iowa stays within 15

Msu is a tough squad. But saying their is a 0 chance they beat a -15 spread is just silly.

I dont think they have a chance to win if its officiated promoting physical play. Msu is too strong if it becomes a wrestling match. Garza also cant get in foul trouble again.

You’re probably right...I was just thinking back to how they attacked whatever defense Iowa tried to play last time. They got whatever they wanted whenever they wanted.

You’re probably right...I was just thinking back to how they attacked whatever defense Iowa tried to play last time. They got whatever they wanted whenever they wanted.

Yea iowa gave up on defense. Even when they played in position things didnt go their way.

I really dont know what to expect. My hope is they keep it within double digits.

Yea iowa gave up on defense. Even when they played in position things didnt go their way.

I really dont know what to expect. My hope is they keep it within double digits.
It’s called having key Iowa starters sitting in the first half with Breslin foul trouble.
Funny how that happens.