Meanwhile Lisa Bluder...

Recruiting womens basketball is way different than mens basketball. Most women don't go to college to play basketball with the hopes of playing professionally. The lack of success Iowa has had sending players to the NBA had an impact on Fosters decision, I'm sure that didn't even cross Caitlin's mind when she committed to Iowa. While I'm sure Caitlin wants to win I'm sure there are other reasons why she wanted to attend Iowa that are outside the basketball arena.

Yes Bluder has the womens basketball program in a much better spot than Fran does the mens program. Fran got handed the keys to a dump and while it's back to a decent level of success they still have not seriously competed for the Big Ten Championship or have been making the NCAA tournament on a consistent basis. Bluder is basically doing what Tom Davis did back in the day.

Some good points. But most men don't go to college with the hopes of playing professionally either. There are more that go on to play professionally than women, but it's still a small %.

And yes...the Lick free pass has long since expired. Fran is in his 10th season. It's his program and has been for a number of years.

Some good points. But most men don't go to college with the hopes of playing professionally either. There are more that go on to play professionally than women, but it's still a small %.

And yes...the Lick free pass has long since expired. Fran is in his 10th season. It's his program and has been for a number of years.
I would like to see Fran hire some new blood for his assistant. Someone with a good/elite recruiting background. What we have is not working.

You're right, most don't but the top recruits that we salivate over do. They even mentioned it as one of the reasons why Foster didn't pick Iowa.

I wasn't giving Fran a pass, I was just saying the program isn't where Bluders is.

You're right, most don't but the top recruits that we salivate over do. They even mentioned it as one of the reasons why Foster didn't pick Iowa.

I wasn't giving Fran a pass, I was just saying the program isn't where Bluders is.

Foster was a key recruit, but he's not one of the one-and-done type of guys... 3 years at least. But yeah, NBA potential...he would have chosen IOWA had Fran shown him something. Bluder has clearly shown Clark what she needed to see. Even though the criteria may vary a bit...point is, Bluder knows what it is and has established it. Fran hasn't.

And yeah...the bow tie thing is cute, but it's not impressing any recruits. Our assistants are too old. Hayden (yeah, different sport) always said he didn't want an assistant unless they had head coaching aspirations. I think there's a certain fire and desire that goes with that. Our assistants are old and tired.

The Iowa women's roster is whiter than the men's. The staff is whiter than the men's. The entirety (4 of 4) of the 2020 women's class is white.

Clearly Bluder's team is too nonathletic and she can't get athletic recruits because the recruits see the makeup of the roster and know they won't be able to relate with the rest of the team. The preceding facts point out that Bluder is unarguably racist.

Most of all, any arguments like the above are idiotic.