McNutt this weekend?

Hawkeye1313

How was McNutt this weekend in the senior bowl? I heard he had a bad drop but so did a few of the receivers. Any other input?

Seriously what is up with all his drops? Yeah, he has more talent that guys like DJK or Kasper...but it was very rare to see those guys drop balls.

he has to concentrate just as much on the tough ones as the easy ones. other than that, not sure why he drops some easy balls.

Seriously what is up with all his drops? Yeah, he has more talent that guys like DJK or Kasper...but it was very rare to see those guys drop balls.

Yeah, I was never able to figure that out either. He was make some nearly impossible catches and then drop some that all you do was wonder WTF he was doing dropping that. It was very strange.

I heard an interview on the Score today with Jim Miller,Bears analyst/MSU analyst,former Bears QB, who attended the practices last week and the first guy who he brought up when asked about receivers who could help the Bears was Marvin.
He thought he played very well thru out the week,and is worth a look at in round 2 or 3. If Marvin could go late in the 2nd round,that would be great....be with a good team with a need at wideout. Pick him,Bears.

I heard an interview on the Score today with Jim Miller,Bears analyst/MSU analyst,former Bears QB, who attended the practices last week and the first guy who he brought up when asked about receivers who could help the Bears was Marvin.
He thought he played very well thru out the week,and is worth a look at in round 2 or 3. If Marvin could go late in the 2nd round,that would be great....be with a good team with a need at wideout. Pick him,Bears.

This would be awesome. Hopefully Miller speaks with the new GM and gets this idea in his head. I would love to see Marvin playing for the Bears.

I like McNutt, but I just don't see him as anything higher than a 4th round talent. He drops too many balls.

To me, Marvin' s drops and his YAC average were synonymous. Seemed like nearly every drop was when he was either at full stride or anticipating a catch and spin.

I think his size strenght and overall ability make him a 4th rounder at the latest.

I like McNutt, but I just don't see him as anything higher than a 4th round talent. He drops too many balls.

Drops can be corrected. If he performs well at the combine, he will be fine. I'm not saying he is as good as Julio Jones. Don't get me wrong. But Jones had a reputation for the dropsies as well.

This would be awesome. Hopefully Miller speaks with the new GM and gets this idea in his head. I would love to see Marvin playing for the Bears.

Yes! The Bears need a few Hawks. I holding out hope that they nab someone like Dwayne Bowe in free agency and then draft another receiver. McNutt would be sweet in Chicago :)

Kellen Moore threw two bullets in a row, one to McNizz and one to....someone else, basically the same route and both dropped the ball. There could be more pressure there than in an actual game, your career is on the line at the senior bowl, not just one game. He also got overthrown by a mile on a pass where he was wide open in the end zone. Looked pretty good from what I heard/saw.

It's weird, but I remember more amazing catches by McNutt than I do dropped balls. The Insight Bowls stands out, but I think JVB was off that game.

Drops can be corrected. If he performs well at the combine, he will be fine. I'm not saying he is as good as Julio Jones. Don't get me wrong. But Jones had a reputation for the dropsies as well.

Anything can be corrected, but more frequently NFL ready kids are as developed as they are going to be in not dropping the ball.

Jones was overrated, plain and simple. I would have drafted him late round one at best and frankly avoided him altogether. Regardless, most guys that go to the NFL with drop problems don't correct it. TO had drops all the way through his career. The difference was that his overall play making ability outweighed the risk.

Also, guys can be streaky with catches and drops. Maybe it was a down year for Marvin. In 2010 Braylon Edwards only had 4 drops and was just outside the top ten WR's in the NFL in a category he was previously notoriously bad in the two years prior. Cotchery the same year was worst in the league and he's historically one of the more reliable WR's.

Point being, Marvin's film from this year will show drops and it will affect his stock value. Simple as that. Whether it's a long term problem or not isn't what I was commenting on.

Last edited:
He's been playing Wide Receiver for only three years. His hands are fine.

Other than when he drops passes you're right. Again, I didn't say he's going to fail at the next level. I said his draft stock isn't as high as the homers here want to believe.

Latest posts