McDonough to the Olympic Trials

No ORS because he actually wrestled. The ones who took ORS are the ones who didn't wrestle this year, because they were wrestling freestyle the entire time, i.e. Howe.

Can he make it to 121 pounds??

That is what i was wondering as well.. But I'm guessing there had to be some communication from Brands/McD end with the people selecting wild cards as to what weight he might go? Just speculation on my part. I know a few years ago McDonough was registered for Junior World Team Trials at 55 kilos and ended up deciding to bump up to 60 kilos.

he will make 121 it shouldnt be all that hard with the 24 hour weigh-ins. He will be a monster size wise at 121.

I would say that Sam Hazewinkel and Nick simmons have this weight mastered right now. Then there are second tier guys like Escobedo, and Obe Blanc that have shown flashes.

Dont forget Dan Dennis, Troy nickerson and Brandon Precin. And if Henry Cejudo ever pulled his head out of his *** then look out...
I predict McD to get 5th at the trials. Every match will be a battle!

It's going to be VERY tough for him to qualify. Simmons, Escobedo, Nickerson and Precin. That's a tough lineup to get through.

Slight Off Topic:

As a former wrestler, these 24 hour weigh-ins with saunas etc... allowed...you have to question why they even bother with the weigh-ins. If you have to use a sauna, then you're not a 121 lb'er. If you're not wrestling at within 1-2% of your weight class when you wrestle, then you shouldn't be at that weight. I wrestled. I cut weight. Not as severe as most, but I did. I was a high schooler, I wasn't intelligent, I didn't have a coach to tell us the 'right way' to do things, I just knew I had to make weight. So like most high schoolers I procrastinated. There were times where I would be trying to cut 3-5 lbs in the 24 hours prior to a weigh-in. It wasn't fun and I wish something would have been in place to prevent me from my youthful stupidity. The weigh-in system needs overhauled and needs to be consistent across all levels of the sport (high school to Olympic).

End Rant

Well im pretty sure McD knows his body enough to know if he can make it to 121. He's a champion wrestler with a smart head on his shoulders.

As someone said before, McDonough knows his body better than anyone. WIth that said, another 4 pounds of body weight is 3.2%. I figured this from 125, which I realize isnt his walkaround body weight, but the point is, without a 24 hour weigh in or "sauna" time, that could be tough... What body fat % is he wrestling at right nowa? 3, 4, 5 %?? Not much there.

Cejudo?

Sorry to stray from the topic of McD, but someone mentioned Cejudo. Any news on what's going in with him?

Latest posts