McCall

papahawk

So does McCall hit the field today versus the MN?

Odds: 60-40 that he plays.

What to you think? I believe it would be good to take some game contact because we need him the rest of the way.

I don't think you're too far off Papa. If he's good to go, I would love to see him get some reps before november hits.

i think if he does get some action it will be very limited and only in very specific situations, just to see if he's good to go. knowing how kirk does things, i would put his odds at 30-40% unless he really has looked good in practice. we don't need him this game, so no use just throwing him out there.

I don't see him getting much if any action...why risk re-injury against a team you should throttle when the bigger dogs lie in wait?

Depends 100% on how he's been practicing....if he's looked as good as some of the quotes have let on I think he plays a few snaps

I don't see him getting much if any action...why risk re-injury against a team you should throttle when the bigger dogs lie in wait?

Ferentz has gotten to you too, eh? Yeah...let's play "afraid".

If McCall isn't 100% healthy yet, of course don't play him. If he is...then his risk of injury is no different than anybody else. A weak opponent is the perfect situation for him to get some carries and back into his game rhythm.

He's medically cleared...KF said he wasn't football-ready...maybe with another week of full practice he's ready now. If he is, PLAY HIM! I'd rather get the rust off vs minny, the sooner he gets back there, the better for the offense. Go Hawks!

Ferentz has gotten to you too, eh? Yeah...let's play "afraid".

If McCall isn't 100% healthy yet, of course don't play him. If he is...then his risk of injury is no different than anybody else. A weak opponent is the perfect situation for him to get some carries and back into his game rhythm.

Yeah...that's playing "afraid" alright...is taking starters out of a blowout so you don't risk injury considered playing "afraid" as well?

Depends 100% on how he's been practicing....if he's looked as good as some of the quotes have let on I think he plays a few snaps

I agree...if he is 100% ready and practiced well. If there is a good time in the MN game to get him 4-5 carries, do it. Better to get his feet wet again vs them (assuming we have a lead) vs either Michigan or MSU.

If he is going to play next week I'd like to get him a few carries this week just to get his feet wet. Maybe 3-6 carries or so.

Yeah...that's playing "afraid" alright...is taking starters out of a blowout so you don't risk injury considered playing "afraid" as well?

apples and oranges.

You get a big lead, of course you play backups to rest (and protect) your starters. (If we're talking Ferentz here...then call him out for not doing that last week <see Keenan Davis>...and for that matter on many other occasions).

McCall could be key to our success the rest of the way. He hasn't played in 7 weeks and needs reps to get back in the groove. If he's healthy and ready, there's no need to approach it like he's made of glass. Unless of course you want to place that doubt in his head...which only makes things worse.

As Lombardi said "confidence is contagious...so is a lack of it".

Last edited:
apples and oranges.

You get a big lead, of course you play backups to rest (and protect) your starters. (If we're talking Ferentz here...then call him out for not doing that last week <see Keenan Davis>...and for that matter on many other occasions).

McCall could be key to our success the rest of the way. He hasn't played in 7 weeks and needs reps to get back in the groove. If he's healthy and ready, there's no need to approach it like he's made of glass. Unless of course you want to place that doubt in his head...which only makes things worse.

As Lombardi said "confidence is contagious...so is a lack of it".

It's not apples and oranges...the Hawks should have a huge lead so why put him in in mop up duty just to get his groove against Minnesota's 3rd string defense when he won't be facing anything like it against better teams...it has nothing to do with "confidence or a lack of it"...put your pecker away and stop calling people a puss just because you'd risk him against a turd team.

It's not apples and oranges...the Hawks should have a huge lead so why put him in in mop up duty just to get his groove against Minnesota's 3rd string defense when he won't be facing anything like it against better teams...it has nothing to do with "confidence or a lack of it"...put your pecker away and stop calling people a puss just because you'd risk him against a turd team.

My bad. Had no idea I was debating with such an intellectual. You win.

I don't think anyone is suggesting mop up time. I think we want to see 5-6 (maybe more)carries in regular action. and it really is apples and oranges.

My bad. Had no idea I was debating with such an intellectual. You win.

Hey...just because you veiled your comments and I didn't, doesn't make you an intellectual...but whatever floats your boat, drummer. Did you just recently turn into a d-bag or did I just never notice it before now?

Mikail McCall - another hawkeye Internet legend. He had 9 for 61 against Tenn Tech!!!????!!!

Let's see if he can put numbers like that against Mich and MSU and then I'll be on board.

Latest posts