McCaffrey should

The last few years we have had Gabe and Woodbury. We rarely used that to our advantage. There are times Woodbury and JU have been wide open on the block but most times they don't look or make the pass inside. We have a jump shot shooting team, Fran make some adjustments

If it were a matter of effort, I'd agree to benching the starters (except on Senior night). I saw guys diving in the stands and on the floor which leads me to believe it's not about effort.

You would think by now he would learn to call a timeout with less than a minute to go and the game on the line to draw up a play. Does he EVER do it? Nope. You would also think he would learn to take the ******* ball out of Gesell's hands when we need an important shot.

Maybe you should start a thread about..... wait a minute....

I noticed the same thing. Uthoff and Jok were supposed to be this unstoppable duo, but Jok only seems to play a few possessions at a time. Maybe it's Jok's conditioning but it didn't seem like Fran took him out as much earlier in the year. Seems like they should be trying to get both on the floor at the same time as much as possible. The announcer in the Wiscy game even commented on how much Jok was coming in out of the game.

Or maybe he was sick last game....

So when we bench our starters who will be replacing them? The lack of production from the bench has had as much to do with the skid as the starters have. It's not like our bench has been putting up 25 pts. a game while starters have struggled.

Seth Davis said last week and I would agree. The problem with the Hawks has been that other teams have scouted them well and made adjustments to counter Iowa's offense and shut down Uthoff and control the boards. 27-17 against Ohio State. Fran hasn't come up with a counter offense or defense strategy. You can't stay in a zone on D when teams are busting shots on you from all over. Other teams get stops and are controlling the boards. Uthoff is getting taken out low and Fran has to create some plays to get JU and Jok open. Woody has done great rebounding lately but he's got to help set some picks for our shooters. Fran just turns red with his arms folded and gets mad at his players instead of coaching.

Latest posts