McCaffery's Deal....

It's a good, fair, competitive contract. Fran has earned it, imo.

I really hope that Fran realizes his stated goal of finishing his career as the coach at Iowa,which means a very long run,beyond this contract.

From article:

When I came here, my goal was to finish my career here,” he said. “I wouldn’t want to finish it at the expiration of this contract by any means. This is not a stepping stone situation. It was never viewed that way; it shouldn’t be viewed that way. There’s no place higher than the Big Ten, unless you have somebody who always aspired to coach in the NBA which I don’t. I want to coach in college. My family is very happy in Iowa City. I really enjoy the people that I work with.”

From article:

When I came here, my goal was to finish my career here,â€￾ he said. “I wouldn’t want to finish it at the expiration of this contract by any means. This is not a stepping stone situation. It was never viewed that way; it shouldn’t be viewed that way. There’s no place higher than the Big Ten, unless you have somebody who always aspired to coach in the NBA which I don’t. I want to coach in college. My family is very happy in Iowa City. I really enjoy the people that I work with.â€￾

BODYSLAMMING AWESOME QUOTE!:eek:

I can't believe fran's getting paid that much money for kirk ferentz to have mediocre results.

From article:

When I came here, my goal was to finish my career here,â€￾ he said. “I wouldn’t want to finish it at the expiration of this contract by any means. This is not a stepping stone situation. It was never viewed that way; it shouldn’t be viewed that way. There’s no place higher than the Big Ten, unless you have somebody who always aspired to coach in the NBA which I don’t. I want to coach in college. My family is very happy in Iowa City. I really enjoy the people that I work with.â€￾

Love love love! Thanks for sharing