McCaffery's Current Recruits

Based on their espn profiles only, Burdine and Marble seem comparable. As do Basabe and McCabe. Burdine 6'5", 170 lbs., #64 small forward. Marble 6'5", 180 lbs., #64 shooting guard. Basabe 6'7", 220 lbs., #63 power forward. McCabe 6'7", 200 lbs., #64 small forward. Marble and Basabe are rated at 89 overall and McCabe and Burdine as 87 overall. I think Iowa could use a 6'5" kid that is a "very capable dribble driver".

Based on their espn profiles only, Burdine and Marble seem comparable. As do Basabe and McCabe. Burdine 6'5", 170 lbs., #64 small forward. Marble 6'5", 180 lbs., #64 shooting guard. Basabe 6'7", 220 lbs., #63 power forward. McCabe 6'7", 200 lbs., #64 small forward. Marble and Basabe are rated at 89 overall and McCabe and Burdine as 87 overall. I think Iowa could use a 6'5" kid that is a "very capable dribble driver".

Bryon Allen, a 6'3" PG who committed and then decommitted to Huggins at West Virginia. I think he is a 90. He still has Siena in his list of 4 or 5.

Basabe would come in and contribute immediately. He would be more aggressive offensively than Fuller was as a frosh. He can play and score in the Big Ten, particularly in a running system.

Last edited:
I think it depends on who gets the coaching job at Siena, if its Mitch B i think there is a chance those recruits stay because it wouldnt be much of a change(unless these recruits absolutly love Fran). I think the best chance would be if Mitch B, and Francis came to Iowa, they could land Basabe. Even if it was just Francis that came to Iowa the chances would be good to get Basabe.