McCaffery, Parker & Brands produce record I-Club Crowd

Let me tell you, that was an INCREDIBLE banquet. Parker was Parker and Brands was Brands. Parker at one point made a "sons of *******" reference. Brands talked about still being able to whip somebody's *** in the audience. When Fran go up he said he asked Barta for some advice for his very first I-club appearance. Barta gave him two rules to follow: 1. don't call anybody "sons of *******" and 2. "don't threaten to kick anybody's ***." Ryan Bowen got quite the standing ovation too. They were supposed to announce him being added to the staff at the banquet, but Fran said he's learned pretty quickly that its hard to keep a secret like that around here.

Again, an awesome, awesome event.

Let me tell you, that was an INCREDIBLE banquet. Parker was Parker and Brands was Brands. Parker at one point made a "sons of *******" reference. Brands talked about still being able to whip somebody's *** in the audience. When Fran go up he said he asked Barta for some advice for his very first I-club appearance. Barta gave him two rules to follow: 1. don't call anybody "sons of *******" and 2. "don't threaten to kick anybody's ***." Ryan Bowen got quite the standing ovation too. They were supposed to announce him being added to the staff at the banquet, but Fran said he's learned pretty quickly that its hard to keep a secret like that around here.

That really made me chuckle. Thanks for sharing.:D

There were so many awesome quotes and nuggets of info that I wouldn't even know how to start a recap. Norm did compare Karl Klug to Mitch King to Matt Roth, which was really neat.

If you like to go to comedy shows, you simply must attend an I-club banquet with Parker and Brands.

The I-Club events that Coach Parker and Coach Brands attend are definitely entertaining.

I especially find it amusing when Coach Brands yells over the crowd to Barta to check to see if what he just said is all right or politically correct.

Anybody know when the NE Iowa I-Club (Decorah/Oelwein) will be held?

Sounds like a great time. Parker and Tom Brands were in Marshalltown last year. When I went to the I-Club event here on Wednesday, people were still talking about the awesome time they had listening to those guys last year.

Crawford County doesn't have one. Carroll Area Banquet is Thursday May 13th in Arcadia. Kirk will be there. We are going for 475 attending. Tickets in short supply.

Thanks for the post, Jon. I heard thru the grapevine that the Burlington outing was a tremendous success. SE Iowa I Club event on May 21 at Indian Hills in Ottumwa.
Ferentz will be there. Anxious to learn who will represent the BB program. Got my tix ordered & pumped to go.

I'd pay to ride in a car for a few hours with Norm and Tom Brands together on the way to one of these events....that could turn out to be a priceless experience

typical clown response. you clowns are an elitist bunch.
Didn't mean it to be negative. If you noticed the attendance at bb games this year tavern hawk wasn't there, was either a uni fan or didn't care about bb. If Fran can win they will be back and all will be good.

That was so funny, thanks for the update. We get the gang Tuesday night in Council Bluffs and I'll bet a good crowd again. Sure is fun to feel upbeat again with men's BB.

Black Hawk county is this coming Monday. Kirk, Bluder on the docket. Forecast for golf looks pretty lousy but I will tee it up anyway. Bad day golfing at an I club event beats work, anytime!

It's nice to have everyone like the basketball coach again. I suppose it will last until after the first game.

It's nice to have everyone like the basketball coach again. I suppose it will last until after the first game.
I'm not expecting to win (right away) but I don't expect a coach sitting on the sidelines with his face in his hands for a mil per year. I won't go into my laundry list of TL's failures but suffice to say it's nice to have some personality and energy back in this position.

Latest posts