McCaffery keeps starting lineup plans under lock and key

Yep. It's a good lineup. The only other lineup would be MG, RDM, White, Basabe & Woody. I can't think of anyone else who should start...

MG, JO, marble, white, woody should be starters.

JO needs to be in the game with woodbury while he is getting doubled.

MG, JO, marble, white, woody should be starters.

JO needs to be in the game with woodbury while he is getting doubled.

Agree this should be an option. Not sure many have the confidence in jo that he can get it done as a starter. I thought his defense would have come along more than it seems to have.

I liked the starting lineup from last game as well. It put Gessel in a better position to score and like Marble said in the article, it puts 3 creators out there who can get it into Woody and White.

JO is one of our better defenders. not because he can guard the ball, but because he actually knows where to be on the court.

Reading between the lines of Marble's post game interview, I think he'd agree. I think McCaffrey and even White may be seeing this as well.

I believe ole herby was adamant in the offseason that White could play the 3 and play it well. Wonder if he will admit he was wrong.

I believe ole herby was adamant in the offseason that White could play the 3 and play it well. Wonder if he will admit he was wrong.

You beat me to it. There are teams and situations where white at the 3 will be a good match up but right now it isn't working. I have to believe jo or clemmons in the starting lineup is best. Basabe seems to be at his best off the bench in and energy role so I don't think he warrants moving white to the 3 spot either.

I believe a lot of people said Fran would never put him there. I wonder if they will admit they're wrong.

I believe a lot of people said Fran would never put him there. I wonder if they will admit they're wrong.

I think Fran wanted to see two forwards that can stretch the floor together in the starting lineup but McCabe's poor play and vulnerability of those two defending athletic teams led to the switch. White can play the 3 against some teams. For instance against Indiana they'll need him to defend Watford when he plays the 3 because of his height.

keep holding your breath as Fran has said White will play the 3,
Fran is the one to tell, he does not know how to use "HIS" players

I think Fran wanted to see two forwards that can stretch the floor together in the starting lineup but McCabe's poor play and vulnerability of those two defending athletic teams led to the switch. White can play the 3 against some teams. For instance against Indiana they'll need him to defend Watford when he plays the 3 because of his height.

I seem to agree with this. I think with 3 big bodys in there at the same time Basabe, White and Woody, we would match up pretty well against some of the BIG teams.

keep holding your breath as Fran has said White will play the 3,
Fran is the one to tell, he does not know how to use "HIS" players

Playing the 3...being a 3 are two different things. White played the 3 last year at times...but he isn't a 3. He is a 4 that can play the 3 depending on match ups. Basabe, white, and mccabe have all played the 5 spot but would you call any of them a 5? (Btw that is a rhetorical question for most people.)

Latest posts